Back from New York

**Avneet's pov**

I was on a call with my bestie aroob while waiting for her at the airport. ''Where are you dumbo, you were supposed to pick me up'' I said as soon as I received the call.

''Where exactly are you right now?, i cant see you.'' Aroob asked from the other side of the phone.
''Terminal 3 in front of the gate'' I replied her.

''Ohh hold on I am coming, I am coming'' she said and cut the call. ''Avneettt'' I heard her screaming my name while running in my direction. I ran back towards her and we hugged each other so tight.

''Finally you are back'' she said getting emotional. ''I missed you so much, my bestuuul. How are you?'' I asked her

.
.
.
.
.

After some time in the car

''Avni I hope uncle aunty doesnt get angry on you'' she said in concern. ''They will not, dont worry I will manage them''I reassured her.

''But you could have come back After completing your course na, you shouldn't have left it halfway like this'' she said.

''Aru I told you my brother is more important to me. It's his wedding and I can't miss it for the world'' I replied.

''Yeah yeah but his wedding after a few months'' she rolled her eyes at me, saying this.

''Well I cant leave my term in the middle and you know what?! I will finish my last term here in your college, with you.'' She looked kinda shocked at my words.

''You should be happy that I am back and now we will got to the same college like old times. How fun it will be?'' I said getting excited.

''Yes good old times'' she said with a neutral look on her face. ''Now that your bestie is back you dont need to worry I will always have your back'' I said proudly.
.
.
.
.
.
I was standing in front of my house deciding if I should go inside or not. My mom is very strict. If she gets to know that I left my course halfway which I fought nad cried for to study abroad she's gonna kill me.

Making my mind I went and rang the bell. My heart beats fest. The door opened and there stood my brother in his casuals.

At first he was shocked confused and surprised. He hugged me and we started getting emotional on seeing each other after freaking 2 years.

''You are back? How? Why? Why didn't you informed me, I would have came to pick you up. Why picked you? How did you manage everything alone? Why did you-'' I cut him in between as he started scolding me.

''Bhai bhai relax. Let me get in first.'' I said breaking the hug.

I and my brother have been close since childhood. He has always been protective for me. He always supports me and stand beside me.

We were inseparable till he took over dad's business 3 years ago. He used to come and meet me a few times but after becoming the CEO he got busy handling the business.

A few weeks back I got to know that he proposed to his long term girlfriend vaishnavi and now they are getting married.

They were dating each other since college time and only I knew about this. After lots of efforts I made them to reveal there relationship to our families and they agreed it.

Now that my brother is getting married he will have more responsibilities, so I decided to finish my last semester here and spend some time with my brother before he becomes a married man.

''Come, mom and dad are inside'' he said giving me some space. I was nervous but got inside and saw my mom watching a web series. My dad was no where around.

As mom saw me she gasped in surprise covering her mouth with both her palms and ran to me, and engulfed me in her warm embrace.

''Mera baccha you are back. I missed you so much meri jaan'' she said breaking the hug and placed a kiss on my forehead and called for my dad ''aman dekho kaun aaya hai''

My mom and dad used to visit me in between so we have been in touch. I met them a few month ago.

My mom made me sit beside her on the sofa and asked ''so for how long are you staying? Did they allow you for a leave?''

*******

So this was the first chapter of my book. Let me know in the comment section about your feelings on it.

Thank You

********

05/19/2024
Words Count: 863
Signing off
~ShraddhaMalhotra