A New Friend

**Avneet's Pov**

''So did you got selected'' I asked Jannat as soon as I got inside her room.

She was started by my sudden appearance as I forgot to knock before entering, clumsy me!

She switched off her phone, sitting straight on the bed and said ''ohh yah.. Um hii''

''Leave all that and answer me'' I said walking to her bed and laid on it,comfortably.

I don't mind doing stupid things in front of my friends, neither they do.

''They said they will call but I don't think I'll get selected.'' She replied sadly. My brows frowned at her this statement and asked her ''why are you saying this?''

''I don't know, It's just a feeling! Every interview I gave today, they weren't really impressed by me'' she said looking somewhere.

''Don't worry girl, it was your first try that's why you are feeling nervous. Never mind, you will get a job soon, just keep faith in yourself'' I said cheering her up.

''I hope so! By the way, how was your first day at college? And how were the people there?'' She asked me.

''Well it was quite good, people are nice there. Atleast the one in my class are'' I said.
.
.
.
.
A few days later at college.

I was in library going through the fictional section. Those are the only books I read and enjoy. I was taking the books, reading the titles and placing it back at there places because I found them all boring.

Where are the spicy romance books?

I removed another book, read the title and carelessly tucked it back but it fell from there and before it could touch the ground somebody caught it.

''Woah woah, what are you doing girl?'' That guy asked me. He looked quite of my age.

''Sorry it fell by mistake'' I retorted and he said further ''I have been watching you from last few minutes. You look really frustrated. Can I help you in anyways.''

''It's nothing, I just can't find something nice to read, something I really want to'' I muttered in distress.

''And what do you want?'' He asked me while placing the book back It's place. ''And why should I tell you that?'' I questioned back and started walking to the table after taking a book without reading It's name.

Who the hell is he anyway.

''Did you forgot me? I am Riyaz Malhotra'' he asked walking behind me. I stopped in my way and he bumped into me from behind as he was walking carelessly, like me?!

''And when exactly did we meet?'' I asked him. I don't remember him, anyways.

''We met in the corridor, remember I bumped into you'' he said and the event strikes my brain immediately.

''Oh yes! You were running away from some girls that day'' I nodded my head in understanding as I recalled.

''Yes I am that guy! I didn't get to say sorry properly, so I am sorry'' he said.

''Oh no its fine. Why were you running anyways?'' We started walking together towards the library benches and sat infront of each other.