Dinner with Nigam's

I washed my hands and left the washroom. I just turned around the corner to bump into siddharth.

Why do we always bump with each other?

''Did you find your brother?'' Was his question.

Huh?

''You went to check on them , didn't you? Where are they?'' He asked looking straight in my eyes.

''Ohh they are on there way. They will come later.'' I told him moving a little backwards.

''Good'' he replied me. Good? Now what am I gonna do? Should I talk to this bossy man?

I cleared my throat gaining his attention as he was busy in his phone. He looked  at me and then back at his phone saying ''you wanna say something''

''Yah well, I didn't got to introduce myself earlier. Hii! I am Avneet, Avneet kaur.'' I spoke in my cheerful tone, trying to be a little friendly with him but that rude, bossy ass just nodded at me and then stared at my hand which I had lifted for a shake.

He was staring at my hand as if I am gonna eat him.

''Dude Just shake it! It's just a hand shake. And moreover I am trying to make a truce. Show some respect, no?'' I gave him my not so necessary speech and regretted immediately.

Why can't I keep my thoughts till my mind? He sighed and shaked his hand with mine, introducing himself ''Siddharth Nigam, CEO of Nigam Ins''

Okay, that's nice! Though he was boring but atleast he tried to be friendly...or may be Just did the formality.

''I wanted to tell you something, I mean kinda...request you'' I started hesitantly, but he cut me off in between saying ''Sure go ahead''.

This dude seriously? Who does he thinks, he is? Bill Gates? Ambani? Or may be someone even richer? 'Pain in ass' my subconscious mind answered me.

Okay calm down Avi, calm down. Take a deep breath. Say him sorry and leave him already.

''You know what happened yesterday... So I... I hope that you will not tell anyone about that incident.'' I tried to initiate the conversation.

He Just nodded his head at me. And then?

Silence.

''I heard you are in college?'' He spoke up. Finally! I thought he just can't start speaking on himself, until na external force is applied to make him speak. More like reply. Anyways!

'' yah! It's St. teresa College. I am a fashion designing student in my last year. Actually I was studying in New York but then I shifted here. And I-''

''Avneet'' I was cut off by abhi bhai ''what are you doing here?'' He asked further standing beside me. He is hand in hand with my 'bhabhi ji'.

''I was looking for you both only. Mom and dad are waiting, come'' I announced and started dragging abhi bhai towards the table.

''And bhai what were you doing here?'' I heard vaishu bhabhi asking her brother. But as we were in a distance from walking so couldn't hear further.
.
.
.
.
''The food was good, wasn't it?'' My mom said to dad as we entered our home. I sat on the sofa, taking off my shoes. Bhai already went upstairs.

''We had a great time together'' dad replied to which I don't know from where she began on me saying ''yeah! But your daughter wasn't speaking to anyone there''

''Mom mai aap bade logo mein kya baat karti?'' I said whinning, keeping my shoes in the rack.

She narrowed her eyes at me saying ''starting me toh sahi thi, pata nhi ekdum kaunsa bhoot dekh liya. Pehle itna over bol rahi thi, phir ek dum hi silent mode... Vibha was asking me if something was wrong with you. What should I tell her, that my daughter is crazy''

''Bolo tab dikat, na bolo tab dikat'' this line slipped from my mouth and I knew I screwed up kyunki ya toh ab mumma angry bird banegi ya Phir emotionally blackmail karengi.

I looked at her and her burning gaze on me told me that she is in angry bird mood today. ''You should speak something good dumbo. Did you saw how nicely and sweetly vaishu was talking and then came you, who Was speaking as if we are your friends.'' She said and I cut her off saying ''but you only said that you are my best friend''

''Mere samne zaban mat lada'' she shouted. Ohh god kya sabki mumma aise hi hoti hai. Kabhi over pyaar, kabhi naraz aur kabhi gussa. In shot total drama piece.

''You know what vibha was telling me that vaishu knows how to cook, her singing skills are also really nice and she has all the qualities to make a perfect daughter in law. She will manage this house well. I am tension free now'' Just my mom and her mood swings.

''Good night mom and dad'' I said and hugged dad  and went upstairs. I want to give mom some time, I know she will be normal till morning.

''Chaar baatien acchi sunnadu mai toh isse sunna nahi hota'' my mom said and I smiled at her statement and walked to my room.

******

So how was today's chapter?
Did you relate with that mom part, Because I related myself with it so hard.
And what do you guys think about siddharth's character.
Is he real rude dude? Or an angel behind the sheild?
Lemme know your view Point in the comment section.

Is he real rude dude? Or an angel behind the sheild?Lemme know your view Point in the comment section

Words: 899
05/24/2024
~Shraddha Malhotra