XII

HERA

WHEN I opened the door of my office, it was Mrs. Victoriano who was knocking. This teacher 

"Good afternoon Miss Olivares. May I come in?" She asked and I opened the door widely to let her in. 

"Ms. Avelino ano ginagawa mo dito?" She asked Avery and that made her look very tense.

"Ano po.. uhmm" She cannot answer and keeps on stuttering. 

"She's here because she was my newly hired student assistant," I answered for her. I looked at her and she looked shocked. 

"Is that so? Akala ko wala kayo dahil walang sumasagot at nagbubukas ng pinto kanina." She said.

'What a nosy teacher'

I dislike nosy people, I don't want someone overstepping and then acts like a superior towards other just because they are close to me. 

"We are inside my room because I was giving Ms. Avelino orders about what I want to change towards my room." I answered for Avery because she looks immense in her thoughts. 

"Oh okay. Anyway, here's the report from our department you are asking. Did you have lunch already? Me and my co teachers are going out to grab lunch, do you want to come?" She said as she put down the folder on my desk.

As I said I don't like sycophants and yet here she is asking if I had my lunch. I know her motives because of the mouths of the other teachers that belongs in her department. She likes being superior. 

"No thank you Mrs. Victoriano. I already asked Ms. Avelino to buy me lunch. I guess next time?" I said before bidding her a good bye and turning to Avery. 

"Let's have our lunch?" I asked and she just nodded.

While we are eating, I remember my two friends who also liked Avery. I have nothing against them liking her, and I am willing to share her with them if she happens to love them. 

"How do you plan to woo Olivia and "Tori"?" I asked emphasizing Victoria's name. It really pisses me off knowing that she has a nickname for that witch and yet she calls me Hera, Miss or Ma'am. But that's all in the past now, she now calls me love. 

"Hindi ko po alam. Tsaka ko na po iisipin. Totoo po ba na tanggap na po ako?" She asked while muching her lunch. 

"Of course, after what happened a while ago and yesterday? I am wanting more." I stated and that made Avery stop munching on her food which made me laugh. 

"Kailan po ako mag sisimula? Hanggang sa Sabado pa po kasi ako sa cafè." She asked.

"You can start next week. Just come here in the morning, lunch, and afternoon. Also, give me your schedule this month, okay? Finish your food, and you may sleep in my room. I can see that you haven't slept yet. Are you going to work later?" I asked her.

I noticed how lethargic Avery was a while ago in class, and although she seems restless, I cannot stop myself from picking on her. I am pissed at what happened yesterday and how she acted. I admit that just by looking at her, I felt guilty, but I cannot just shrug off the scene that a witch just kissed her in front of me.

'That bitch, she better wish she will never be my student or else she'll suffer'

"Sana okay lang po kayo? Halata po kasi na may binabalak kayo sa itsura niyo." She said while wiping the center table.

"Are you finish?" I changed the topic.

"Opo itatapon ko na lang po ang mga ito." She said pertaining to the trash she was holding.