Chapter 5

The next few days were mainly the same. I stayed in the room, they occasionally came in to hang out with me, fed me, and left. I have learned a lot in the time I have been staying here, some being as simple as to how I learned if I gave them puppy eyes I would get anything I wanted, just about, or others being their daily schedule and when they came in to teach me from right or wrong. I didn't hate being here as much as I did at first, and I slowly began to forget about my old life. I was beginning to loose myself.

     It was now the time for when they both came in and sat with me, talking to me about many things. Pickle still didn't like them which was okay, they will grow on him too.

     The door opened, taking me out of my thoughts as I quickly sat up from my restless sleep. For some reason I wasn't able to sleep because I had a feeling something new would happen today, and I was right.  Both Axl and Zyaire walked through the door, each holding something in their hands. My head tilted as they came closer to me. I then was able to clearly see what they were holding. In Zyaire's hands he had both a chained object which looked like a leash, and in the other was my remote which was usually in his pocket. I looked over and Axl was holding a bag of something which smelt very delicious, and a muzzle. I growled when I noticed it but that was stopped rather quickly when there was a tiny shock in my neck, but it wasn't as bad as it usually was. I then leaned over and smelt the bag that Axl was holding, receiving a gentle push from him. I looked up. "We have decided to do a few things differently, so I expect you to behave like the good boy you are." Zyaire spoke to me gently, but he always had that firm and strict tone in his voice at the same time. My head tilted at him as he attached the chain leash to my collar, making sure it was nice and steady. I could tell the collar was expensive because it didn't move, and seemed also like a training collar that would not allow pulling or tugging.

     Axl set down the bag he was holding and brought the muzzle closer to my face. Before I jumped back, I felt his hand brush against my head, petting me and calming me down before I even showed I was in distress. "You will be okay, my sweet little kitten. This is not a punishment nor will it be again." His words calmed me down a lot, and I believed every word he said, allowing him to pull the muzzle closer to my face until it was now touching me. He pulled his hands behind my head and buckled it up so it would stay on. Once it was finished, he reached down in the bag which immediately gained my attention as he pulled out a small smelly piece of food. It was a treat.

     He took the treat between his fingers and brought it up to the hole in the muzzle, allowing me access to grab it which I did. Both of their hands pet my head right after. I now understood that the treats would be for rewards, and Zyaire's words came back through my mind without him having to repeat them. 'Good boys always get rewarded.' I internally giggled due to remembering his exact words.

     Axl then wrapped his arms around me and set me down directly on the floor. I let out a small grunt as I put pressure on my heels, adjusting myself into a more comfortable position. I was now on my hands and knees, looking up at Zyaire. He stood there silent for several minutes, until I took my eyes off of him which brought him back to his senses. "Attention to me," he growled. I switched my eyes back to his, immediately obeying. He then smiled before looking up at Axl who reached into the bag and grabbed one of the delicious treats, slipping through the hole of the muzzle. I munched on it, savoring the flavor as long as I could. I felt a sudden tug on the leash that slightly pulled me forward, causing my full attention to go right back to Zyaire instead of the treat in my mouth. "Sit," he commanded. I lowered my lower section until it hit the ground, now in a sitting position. Another treat was handed to me, and I gladly took it.

     Zyaire held a tighter grip on the chained leash before taking a step towards the door, leaving me no choice but to get up and walk with him. I walked on my hands and knees right next to him, a few inches behind. Once he stopped walking he looked down at me expecting something. I wasn't sure what he was wanting though. He then finally broke the silence. "Sit," the same command from earlier left his lips once again. I sat down right next to him, not wanting to make him upset. Once again he started walking, but this time a different direction. I got up and followed closely behind, making sure to keep my full attention to him. He stopped a few steps in, and I immediately sat down. He smiled, and Axl walked forward to hand me another treat. If my tail was out it would definitely be wagging right now. I liked this feeling, the feeling of being praised. Axl pat my head rather aggressively, but I still liked it. "Down," Zyaire  spoke, breaking the small silence. I wasn't sure what he meant at first but I was guessing it was for me to lay down, which I did. "Good boy, very good boy," he praised right after.