Chapter 6

Another week had gone by rather quickly. I had fully come to terms about my situation and found peace in staying here knowing that I was safe and cared for. No more getting yelled at by parents or sitting in detention for days. It was just calm, rather peaceful.

I had actually begged them everyday to heal my heels and they finally gave in yesterday, so now most of me was fully healed. I practiced walking around until I gained back my full strength. I was now sitting down with my back to Axl's chest while I was on his lap. We were waiting for Zyaire to do a few things before todays training, which I was very excited for. I wouldn't have to be crawling around anymore and hopefully today I'll be able to get to see the people that lived here in these walls or the visitors and guards without them having to leave for my training. My mates were weary about something having to do with people being there while I was in training but I hoped they would get over it because there was nothing to worry about.

The sound of the door creaking open startled me, taking me out of my thoughts. My attention immediately went up to Zyaire who was making his way over to us. I was already ready with my muzzle and chained leash on, so I was confused when I saw another leash in his hands. "This is for extra precaution," he said, hovering over me to attach the second leash. I didn't mind this and allowed it, standing up once it was attached. I waited for both of them to get up and start walking before I did.

As soon as Zyaire opened the door, I was hit with overwhelming scents and loud noises. Since I was always in my room I never heard or smelled anything other than what was brought into the room, that being my mates and the many delicious foods they gave to me. I slightly jerked myself back into the room but stopped myself knowing if I did the slightest thing wrong or gave them any ideas of anything this would all be over. "Are you sure he's ready..?" Zyaire mumbled to Axl, loud enough for me to hear. "I believe so. You were out way before this so he's had way more time, but some little ones can be harder to train than others," Axl smirked. I stopped and looked over to him after hearing his words. What did he mean by the first part?

Zyaire's heavy sigh once again brought my attention to him as he made his way further from the door and into the long hallway that went into one of the large rooms in the castle. I was in between both of the two, with a leash being held by them both. I didn't understand why they were being cautious until we turned the corner and was met by a large staircase, leading below to a storm of people. It looked like there was a whole party of ten foot people.

"I smell other wolves."

Pickles comment would of almost startled me if it wasn't for the already crazy surroundings I was in. I lifted my face up and started sniffing the air, and he was right. I did smell other wolves.

Without permission I took a step further out towards the railing. I expected to get shocked or punished for moving but they didn't do anything. It was as if they wanted me to make the move out on my own free will when I was ready to.

I lifted my hands up and attached them to the railing, now leaning the upper half of my body over the rail. I began focusing on all of the people, taking in their scents and staring them down. My focus was interrupted by one of them wrapping their arms around my waist from behind me, which I was guessing to keep me from falling. Everything was going well until a woman that was standing next to a large plant met gazes with me, and that gave me an uncomfortable feeling. I began growling at the woman, not loosing eye contact and growing louder by the second. This started to gain the attention from others as the room grew more silent. The woman looked to the side of her at a large man, who was now looking at me. I shifted my eyes over to him and stared intensely. His hair was black at the roots and slowly faded into a deep brown, while his eyes were hazel. He had a scar that went through his lips and down his neck while his nose was perfectly fit for his face, weirdly enough. He seemed the size of my mates but slightly shorter, and he was the first person I saw here with short hair, other than myself. Since I have gotten here though, my hair has grown a lot, and by the looks of it they aren't planning on cutting it.