Chapter 5

-Other books: On His Knees, The Girl you Left Behind, For Granted, Boss's Struggles, Doubts, Neighbor's Feelings, Boss's Woman-

I remember the first time Adam showed me his dangerous side. He could turn pretty scary when confronted with men giving me special and unwanted attention.

That day, we were out buying something. I had this beautiful engagement ring on my finger. And, when Adam left my side for a bit, this guy from the shop approached me with a very cocky attitude and a clear intention is his eyes. He got very, very near me, while I tried to get away from him, giving some steps back.

He smiled at me, tried and failed to say: 

"Hello darling, can I..."

"What the hell are you doing?" Adam asked with a menacing voice, approaching us, getting in the guy's space. He put a hand in his chest and shoved him away from me. "What the hell are you doing near my woman?" He asked in a very, very scary voice.

The guy seemed really startled for a moment and tried to explain:

"I thought she was..."

"Alone?" Adam interrupted. "She is not, she is with me. Get gone." He finished his sentence, with his nose almost in the man's face.

The shop guy was gone in a minute.

Breathing hard, he was in front of me in an instant:

"Are you okay, babe?" He asked me, holding my face is his hands.

With stars in my eyes, looking at my man, my beautiful man, I could just whisper:

"Yes, Adam." 

I am so, so fine. You make everything better, Adam.

Right now, back in the present, I didn't know if Adam, the stranger, deserved to know what happened with Thomas in the grocery store. Maybe I shouldn't say anything. Maybe it was none of his business anymore. Maybe I should take the decision from Adam's hands about us and ask for a divorce myself.

Let's get this ball rolling.

Perhaps Adam was too much of a coward to do what he really wanted!

I should just call my lawyer and put things in motion.

This stranger man deserved just that. No consideration, as he had shown none for me. Adam, the stranger, deserved to pay.

Maybe it was time to take matters in my hands. 

What Thomas said to me... It was bad. It was awful. If it was true... Maybe I should just tell Adam.

He would go nuts, I know he would. But I think he deserved to be left out, it was just what he deserved...!

Be smart Sophie! The voice in my head said.

Well... And if Adam didn't care? Perhaps, for him, it made no difference.

Maybe Thomas was telling me the truth?

So many things seemed wrong right now, but I knew for a fact that something needed to be done. And I would be the one doing it. I've had enough!

"You know, beautiful Sophie," Thomas voice said on my head. "Adam has been cheating on you for years. He says all the time how tired he is of you, and that he wants to start fresh, you know? It's so sad... I am so sorry, darling. I keep telling him not to do this. But I didn't want you to be kept in the dark. Someone needed to say something. You don't deserve a man like him, darling."

This horrible man. Adam was friends with this horrible man! I loathe both.

"Why don't you invite me to your home with you, beautiful? We could have coffee, go slow. You are already separated. I know Adam is not home, so... No big deal, yeah?"