𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑋𝑋𝑋𝐼

"what are we gonna call you?"

"Tibby?" Nick asked through the phone. I slightly raised my eyebrows and pulled up into my driveway.

"Tibby? Where'd you even get that from?" I lightly laughed.

"I don't know, he just looks like a Tibby." He shrugged.

"I think it fits him." Larry added.

I looked at him and smiled.

"I guess you're called Tibby now."

I set him down and grabbed my keys from my pocket and unlocked the front door. The whole time, he was trying to climb back up.

"Okay, I'm gonna end the call so if you guys need anything tell me now or call later." I gently raised my leg that had Tibby on it and stepped inside with it, then my other leg.

"When are you coming over again?" Isaac at the very back spoke up. Everyone nodded.

"Why do you need me there so much?" I chuckled.

"Well, you're a reaaaalllyyy reallllyyyy good friend and stuff..." Nick looked around.

"It's because you cook actual food for us." Tanner said, moving the phone so that only he was in view. Everyone quietly agreed.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "You can just say that. I don't mind being a personal chef if you guys want. I just think the distance might be shit." I threw my keys into a small wooden basket on the living room table and sat down, putting Tibby on the couch.

"True.. Well, if it helps at all, Grunk lives even more far away." Tanner replied, sipping his drink.

I shrugged. "I wonder how he's doing, haven't heard from him in a while."

He nodded.

"Okay, well I have stuff to do with Tibby so I'm gonna end the call, okay?"

"Alright. Wanna play 'lethal company' later with me and Larry on stream?"

"Yeah, sure!" I smiled.

"Alright. Talk to you then." Tanner waved. I waved back and ended the call. I stood up and slipped my phone into my pocket and turned to the small kitten on the couch, rolling over and purring.

"You like it? It's comfy, isn't it?" I laughed, leaning down to pet him. He meowed and head-bumped my hand.

I slowly picked him up and went to the bathroom. I walked slow so that he could look around.

Once at the sink, I put the sink plug in and turned the faucet on. I made sure the water was the right temperature and I went and took a small hand towel for him so that I could later dry him off.

I squatted down and took the cat shampoo that I had left over when my first cat passed away. I kept all my kitty things since I knew that at some point I'd get a cat.

I stood back up and reassuringly pet Tibby's head. I put the shampoo down and tested the warmth of the water by placing a finger in.

I then slowly placed him in the water, making sure he was okay with it and didn't mind.

He looked slightly frightened, but overall he was taking the water pretty good.

I started to make him wet by scooping up water and slowly pouring it over his head while covering his face with my other. I smiled. It reminded me of when I had my old cat. He would take baths really well too.

I then out some of the kitty shampoo on my hand and started to run it on him, mostly putting it on the spots where his fur is sticking together.

He sometimes cried out some quiet meows, but I gave him some reassuring pats and words.