One

"Do you really wanna know here is was April 29th? Do I really have to tell you how he brought me back to life?"

~*~*~

"As you all know this final project is pertinent to passing this class and in turn, graduating with the degree you all have worked so hard for." Mr. Stevens drones on. He's been pacing around the front of the classroom for an hour now and it's starting to drive me up the wall.

"I've decided that it's going to be a partner project and I will be assigning you the person I think will fit best with your work styles."

Mark leaned over and whispered in my ear. "What does he know about our work styles?"

"He doesn't know shit. This is going to be interesting." I chirped back. Making sure to keep my voice at a whisper.

The room of 22 students all groaned internally. The only thing that would make this whole situation better would be if I got paired up with Mark.

"I printed out a list and I will tape it to the board at the end of class. Please look it over and make plans with your partners. The sooner you can get together, the better. You are all free to go."

Packing up my things quickly I waited for Mark to get a move on. Everyone left the classroom but stayed to linger in the hallway to wait for the list.

"Yo Estapa."

"What's up?"

"Can you text me who I get? My mom's calling I gotta run."

"Sure thing."

I heard the conversation and I knew he was talking to Luke Hughes but I didn't really pay attention. My phone was way more interesting than what was going on with them. Mr. Steven's brought the list out shortly after that.

"Who'd you get?" I asked Mark as I attempted to look over his shoulder. It proved to be futile when I couldn't see a damn thing. The boy was giant.

"I got Marcy." He paused for a second before choking out a laugh. "Guess who you got."

"Well I didn't get you so I really don't care."

"You got Lukey."

My eyes popped out of my head. "Luke Hughes?"

Mark looked at me with a confused sort of glare. He tilted his head as if my reaction wasn't perfectly normal. It's Luke Hughes for gods sake. He is literally Michigan Hockey's walking and talking superstar.