Chapter 17

My phone rings and I know its Monte. I wake up and leave to the bathroom to pick the call.

'Hello'

'Today'

'Monte I think we misunderstood him He loves me and...'

'Why don't you say that straight to my face. Look behind you'

I turn and see her sitting near the bathtub.

'What are you doing here?'

'I came to see what took you so long'

'Its not what it looks like'

'Okay,' she puts a syringe on my hand, 'prove it. Kill him'

I look at the syringe on my hand and the door. A tear falls on my cheeks at the possibility that I will kill the first man I have ever loved. The first man who treated me like I was a jewel he never had. The first man that treated me like a princess.

'No!'

'Look who grew a backbone and cupid wings. Do you know what he did?'

'I will not..'

'He killed your father in cold blood!. He is responsible for killing your father Courtney'

'He wouldn't. That's not true'

'Are you even hearing the shit from your mouth? When you came to me I showed your father's killer'

'I didn't see his face'

'That's because I wanted to tell you after'

Did he kill my father? He couldn't be the one.I chose to love him and not believe a word she says.

'He wasn't the one'

'Fine. But you are a serial killer wanted in so many parts of the world. I hired you to  kill the prince'

'I will return the money'

'No. A life for a life. Corey's life for his'

I look at her and I know she is dead serious. I promised my mother I will do anything to protect Corey with my life and heart. I hear the door open and I am guessing George woke up and left.

'You know what to do'

She leaves using the window and I get out of the bathroom. I have to kill him even if it breaks my heart. He killed his own brother for hurting me but I can't do that. I am done drowning in this water. I can't. I go to find him in  his room. The door is open but he isn't inside. I look inside the bathroom he is not there. I turn to leave and I bump into him holding white roses. Two of them. My heart is tearing from its chest cavity. 

'Morning'

I look at him and lose all the strength I bolted her with.

'What's on your hands?'

'Nothing'

I hide it on my back.

'Turn around'

I can't do this I cant I kill him. 

'I didn't want to do it George'

'Give it to me'

I take the syringe and inject myself. Tears are nothing compared to the painful guilt I have. His appearance is becoming vivid and I end up falling to the ground. My breath is becoming stiffled and my body is becoming paralysed. He kneels beside me and gives me the rose. I end up coughing blood on the white petals. My heartbeat is getting slower. Sounds around me are fading. My love for George getting stronger.