chapter 12

I'm pulled out of bed and into the shower with my maids. They don't even give me time to realise the headache banging on my head. Within minutes I am in a very exotic black dress and very expensive jewelry. 

'I don't understand the reason or the dress'

'Your going on a funeral love'

My maids leave me on bed with the man that takes away my control to resist his charms. 

'Funeral'

'Yeah'

'Then shouldn't I be wearing something long and not so revealing'

He smiles and comes to sit next to me. My laps shudder when his cufflings graze my laps as he reaches for my hand.

'Light is easy to love. Show me your darkness'

Oh shit. He loosens his cufflings and folds the hands. All this time his eyes mantain a straight focus with my eyes. I don't even know what strength has moulded in me to keep calm. He uses his fingers to part my legs and all emotions focus on this one act.

'You are not wearing any pantie'

'I was..'

He kneels before me and makes my dress go up My breathing is stiffened when he kisses the belt marks on my laps. I let out an desparate moan which makes him squeeze my thighs softly.

'Hush love...a memorial is going on down downstairs'

'I am ..... your teasing me'

That statement makes him more dangerous I dread. He makes me lie in bed slowly and I do as he says. His breath around my clit is making me tensed up. His fingers slowly graze the belt marks while he kisses each one of them.

'Show me the darkest part of your soul and I will show you it still shines like gold'

'Why are you doing this?'

'He hurt yo while I was away and you didn't tell me'

I sit up straight and wonder how the hell he found out. What bothers me is that I am not worried about my life. I am worried about what he will do to Marcus with his new fuel of anger. He licks my clit and I lose all focus in whatever he was saying. I grab the sheets as the only thing close to balance and he uses his hands to massage my breasts evenly. It's wonderful how sex can make all the deepest part of your soul to shine like gold.

I broke a fingernail and here he is riding me with his tongue. He makes me embrace my darkest side and not feel bad about it. I want him to get inside of me and destroy every moral high ground that was wall to my darkest soul. I finally release and his hair is all messed up. He goes to my wadrobe and he comes out holding a black thong.

'I like this ..wear it'

He raises my legs and makes me wear it.

'Let's  go'

I hate being in funerals. It reminds of my father whom I didn't even attend his funeral. I'm seated between George and Marcus but I feel safe. I hold his hand but he doesn't even flinch. he has a way of looking into my eyes and showing me the beauty of darkness. The darkness inside of him is much more apprehensive it seems. 

'Who died George?'

He looks at me and smirks as if whatever I said is not of any shock. I grab his hand tighter and he doesn't look at me.

'Unless your going to fuck me let go of my hand'

'Who died?'

'Gerta,' he turns to look at me and pulls his hand away 'your handmaid'

I look at the person giving the speech. She must be her mother. Gerta was only 17 but yet so mature. I understand the pain of loosing someone who is your life forever. It always change the strongest of heart.

The king gives his condolences and so does George. Even the climate is darker. After his body is buried it starts to drizzle and the family gives her proper send off. I'm left at her grave as the others talk over at the palace.

'Look at you in a short dress'

I turn and there she is. The woman who made all this possible.

'I was wondering when you will show up '

'Nice to meet you too Courtney'

'How is life under the crown'

'Sexy.....He thinks I am the damsel in distress. Now he is going too...'

I notice George and Marcus walking towards the stable. That doesn't look good.

'Monte I will talk to you later'

I run towards the stable and reach in time to hear the whole thing. Finally I will see the devil behind his mask.

'did you plan to tell me that you animalistically happened to beat my wife?'

'George it's not what it looks like'

'Okay....explain to me how those marks happened to taint her perfect skin'

'I hit her....yes..I did but what the hell do you care huh/ She is just a feeble human being. A nobody!!!' 

'Say that again'

'George this isn't you. You are not good for and so is her'

He looses is temper and actually drives his bare hand into his chest inside . His hand is actually inside his chest.

'I know I am not good for her Marcus. If she feels like she is drowning let her drown. I'll become the body of water that grabs the air out of her lungs. I will be the anchor that pulls her down so as long as I can have her. She is not good for me either, but I'm far worse than she could ever be. She sees good in me, she trusts me and she feels safe so I won't abuse that kindness. I want all of Courtney and if it means she drowns I will learn to love the good'

He pulls his hand out  and on it is Marcus's heart in flesh. I thought I could pull all the money he has But there is more to this man that meets the eye. Where is he? All I see is Marcus's body but no George around. I turn to run back but I bump into his bloody chest. His eyes are old as the blood Marcus is lying in. He comes close but I pull the knife from his belt and point straight to his heart with zero confidence that I will get out of here alive.

'A knife?  Are you flirting with me?

'You tore his I heart right of his chest George what kind off person does that to his brother'

'Put the knife down'

'No'

'He hurt you and I lost my temper. The devil always protects his Angel'

I drop my knife together with myself to the floor.

'You did all that just because he hurt me'

'And I will do that again in a heartbeat'