17 Not Mine In The First Place

I waited for Carter by his locker the next day. I could not take this pain anymore. I let Skyler hang with Emily to give me some privacy with Carter. It seems like the red headed was not here today. She should be, since she always waits on his locker every morning.
"Bridgit!" Carter smiled, "what's up?"
"We have to talk." I said dryly.
Before Carter can say anything else, Mark came by and started talking to him. I sighed and tried to control my anger.
"Can you please leave?! I have to talk to Carter alone." I told Mark. He gave me a look before walking away from us.
"What's wrong?" Carter asked.
"I do not think this is working..."
Carter was quiet for a moment. He should be because I have a lot of things to say to him, and it is not all good.
"What? But... why?" Carter finally spit out the words.
"Don't act like I'm an idiot, Carter!" My voice got higher, "I see that girl everyday by your locker! I can see that she likes you! Do not act like nothing is happening for the past few weeks!" I caught a glance at redhead behind him. She seems to noticed me because she stayed a distance from us.
"What are you talking about? She is just a friend!" Carter argued.
"Excuse me?!" I heard the red head said for the first time, "I thought you liked me too?" She added.
My eyes widened at Carter, but his expression seems to be shocked. Like he was surprised to what red head said.
"What are you talking about?! You are lying!" Carter told her, "she's lying, Bridgit! There's nothing between us!"
I shook my head, "I don't care about your lies anymore! I'm done!" I said and walked away from them.

Carter's POV:
What just happened?! Did she really just broke up with me?! Was she talking about Lauren? I cannot believe this. Lauren and I are just friends. Yeah, I could kinda tell that she likes me a little, but it does not mean anything to me. I cannot believe I just lost her.
"Get out of my face, Lauren." I murmured.
Lauren walked away with tears in her eyes, but I still did not care about her right now. It was Bridgit that was on my mind.
"Dude! What happened?" Mark walked towards me. I know he saw the whole thing by the corner. I was not an idiot.
"What do you think?!" I slammed my locker and walked away angrily.
Today was not going too well. It is probably the worst day of my life!

For the whole day, I could not stop thinking what happened this morning. I was even got sent down today to sweeps for not doing work. I am just too distracted. I just want to go and see Bridgit and explain everything to her, but I think that is a bit too late now.

Bridgit's POV:
I was looking through my shelves that night for some books to read until I came across my diary again. I thought I hid that somewhere that I cannot see. I sighed and threw the diary under my bed. My cat can start sniffing at that, or if I get lucky my cat will be nice enough to pick it up and throw it out on the trash.
'Yo!' I saw a chat from Jasmine.
'hey. what's up?'
'I saw your status! What happened? :o'
'Nothing. We are not together anymore.'
'WHY?!!?!!'
'Cuz he's a jerk. Look, I gotta go.'
I love my friends and all, but I just don't want to talk to anyone right now. Especially if it is about what happened earlier. I do not even what to think about him anymore. I blasted some music and lay on my bed. Let's see if I can sleep tonight...

"I'm sorry, Bridgit, but he wasn't yours in the first place. He will never be yours." The red head said before walking away.
It hurts. A lot. But I have to deal with it. He was never mine and never  will be. I have to accept that. Carter looked at me one last time before walking away with red head. There was a knot on my stomach and the tears that I have been holding fell from my eyes...
"Bridgit, wake up!" I heard my mom's voice calling me.
I opened my eyes an