11 Thanksgiving Break

3:00am.
"COME ON! WAKE UP!!!" My mom shouted while flipping the lights on and off. She took my blanket and pulled me out of my bed. She went back to my light switch and turned the lights on and off again.
"Mother!" I exclaimed, "I'm up! Geez!"
"Hurry! It's shopping time!!!" She said and went out of my room to change. My eyes were still slightly closed while I picked out my clothes from my closet. I went to the bathroom to wash freshen up and I wore my favorite jeans, a shirt, my favorite light pink blazer, and my leather boots. I decided to put my hair up in a ponytail and put a ribbon. I took my trench coat and saw that my mom was waiting for me by the door already.
"Where are we going?" My voice still sounded so sleepy.
"Well, I heard there's a sale on the mall. So, we are going there first." She said.
"Have fun!" My stepdad said from the top of the stairs before we went out of the house. It was cold and windy outside! Goodness! I ran to the car and went inside.
Once my mom went inside the car; she shivered.
"It's cold!!!" She said and started the car. We went to the mall and my mom was right. There were a lot of sales! Everyone was just crowding up and we luckily found some really nice stuff in good prices! It took forever to stand in the line though. To the next store we went, I picked up my stuff first and I went to the line to save us a spot. After we shopped from many many many stores. The sun was already rising when we went out of the mall.
"Mom, I'm hungry!" I said.
"Yeah I know me too. We'll stop by at Mcdonalds to get some breakfast." She said.
We drove home and stopped by Mcdonalds on the way there. Once we got home, we saw that my stepdad's car wasn't there in the driveway.
"They probably went shopping." My mom said.
I went to my room as soon as we went in the house. I decided to text Emily. Maybe she's awake.

'hey!' I sent the text and I decided to open my laptop.
'hey! Watz up?' Emily replied back.
'nothing much. Very sleepy. I just got home from shopping. U?'
'Nothing. Just woke up. :)'
'Lol! How's your break so far?'
'Eh. It's alright. We are going to my relatives house tomorrow! :)'
'That's cool! We have a family get together in my house too.'
'So................ I think someone likes you! ;)'
'Whaatt? Who??? :o'
'Carter.'
'WHAT! No way!!! There is no way he likes me.'
'Suuureeee. I gtg.'
'okay? bye'

What is she saying? Emily doesn't know what she is saying! Like seriously?! There is no way Carter likes me! Remember? He thinks I'm annoying! The next morning, everyone was busy cleaning the house and cooking for our family get together. I like it, but sometimes it just feels awkward for me with my stepdad's family. They are very nice, but maybe I'm just not used to it yet. Usually I will be just there in the corner eating, then I will go downstairs to my room. They arrived at 3:30pm and my stepdad was still cooking. One by one they all arrived and they just ate some snacks for a while.
"So, Bridgit. How are you? How's school?" My aunt asked.
"I'm good," I said quietly. Yes. I'm very shy when it comes to them, "school is okay."
"That's good. The football team of your school are always so good!" She smiled.
"Yeah..." I smiled.
She turned her attention back to my mom and I decided to go downstairs before everything gets really awkward.
At 6:30pm, we started eating. My stepdad prayed before we ate and the food was the usual during Thanksgiving. His grilled pork, stuffing, mashed potatoes, bread rolls, and don't forget turkey with gravy.
Everyone was at our family room, terrace, and dining table. I decided to sit on our kitchen counter and eat my dinner. It was sooooo good! Well, it's always good! After we ate, everyone was talking again. My other aunt gave me an early birthday present.
"Thank you!" I smiled and set the gift on my lap.
My uncle, who always goofs around, looked at me like I'm crazy, "What are you waiting for? Come on! Open it! Don't be shy!"
I laughed, "Okay." I opened the present and it was a blazer and a shirt.
"Thank you!" I gave them a kiss on the cheek.
"You're welcome!" They said.

By the time everyone left, the dishes were stacked on the sink. My mom was covering the left over foods with plastic and put it in the fridge.
"Bridgit, wash the dishes." She said.
My eyes widened in shock and looked at the pile of dishes in the sink. Good thing it was only pans and plates that were use to put the food in. Good thing they used paper plates when we ate.
"Can I do it tomorrow? I'm tired." I said.
"Fine. Just put dishes on the dishwasher. That thing is almost full." My mom said.
I washed some of the plates and set it in the dishwasher. I turned the dishwasher on before going downstairs to my bedroom. I lay on my bed and sighed. I checked my phone and had three messages.
'hey! (:' It was Carter.
'Sorry if I'm interrupting! Happy Thanksgiving!' He texted again.
'Happy Thanksgiving!' Natasha texted.
I replied all of them with a 'Happy Thanksgiving' and went to my laptop.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our Thanksgiving break went by too fast! Goodness! Tomorrow we are going back to school again!!! My mom and I decided to go to the mall before she drops me off to church for youth group. I had a new purse! Which made me so happy!!! I'm starting to think about what I want for my birthday. Every year I always pick my birthday present, then my mom will buy it for me and wrap it. So, I did not need to guess what I'm getting. I'm also excited for this December because I'm finally getting another iPhone! After my iPhone was stolen last year, I'm making sure that this one won't get stolen! That made me so mad last year. I wonder what my dad and my sister will get me this year for my birthday. I remember my birthday on 2010. I seriously wanted those Dr. Martens boots, so he bought me those. Even thought they were like 200 bucks.
"Bridgit!!!" Shane called my name.
I turned around and I saw him running towards me.
"Hey!" I smiled.
"Hey! So, guess what!"
"What?"
"On your birthday, we will let you wear the birthday hat!" He smiled.
My smile faded when I heard about 'the hat!' Not 'THE HAT!'
"NO! Plus, my birthday is not Sunday this year!" I said.
"Yeah, but your birthday is on Tuesday, so on that Sunday you will be wearing it."
My eyes widened, "No please, Shane! Please! Not that hat!"
He started laughing and I slapped him playfully in the arm.
"Shane!!!" I whined, "No! Please! Or else I'm getting you a really ugly outfit for Christmas and I'm going to make sure you are going to wear it when you go to church on Christmas Day!" I said.
He stopped laughing, "Oh no!" He said.
"Oh yes!" I laughed and ran away from him.
"Come here!" He said and tried to catch me. I stopped running when I bumped into our group leader.
"Woah! Relax Bridgit!" She laughed.
"Sorry!" I said trying to catch my breath.
"Gotcha!" He said and hugged me from behind.
"Ahh!! Let me go!" I hesitated from him, but at the same time I was laughing.
"I'm not until you promise me you will not get me an ugly present!" He said.
"Fine! Fine!" I said.
He let go and smiled at me, "Good!" He stucked his tounge out to me, "You're still wearing the hat though!" He started running away from me when I decided not to catch him. I was tired. Our youth group started after 10 minutes. Our pastor had a good sermon today, and we had a fun discussion into our small groups.

Monday came. School again. Sigh.
"How's your Thanksgiving?" Skyler asked.
"It was good. How about yours?"
"It was good. I spent most of the time in the city though." Skyler said.
"That's cool."
"No it's not! There's this random boys who keeps on creeping me out!" She complained.
I chuckled, "It's the city! What do you expect?!"
"Yeah, but it was still really creepy! I'm so glad to be back here actually."
I stayed quiet. I was thinking about something... actually someone. I did not even notice that Skyler keeps on talking. I don't even know what she is talking about. We got to my locker and I saw Carter. He looked at me and just walked away. Why is he ignoring me? What did I do now?
Today in gym, we played basketball this time. I thought I would be disappointed that we cannot play badminton today, but basketball was fun!
"Natasha! My turn to shoot!" I said. She threw me the ball and I dribbled it for a second. I shoot the ball and it hit the ring. It went back at me and almost hit my face.
"Woah!!!" I exclaimed and Natasha started laughing, "Not funny!" I laughed.
Alright, my turn!" Skyler said and I passed her the ball. Emily and I started talking and we saw that Skyler hasn't shoot the ball yet.
"Wha--" Natasha turned around and walked towards her, "you better throw that ball. girl!" Natasha said.
"No!" Skyler pouted like a little kid.
Natasha tried taking the ball from her, but Skyler turned around so she cannot get it.
"Come on!" Natasha said and Skyler turned around to throw the ball in the air. It only hit until the bottom of the net.
"What the?! Do you see the ring there?" I said and we all started laughing.
"Yes I do!" Skyler joked.
"Okay, my turn!" Natasha said and shoot the ball, "yes!!!" She cheered when it scored.
"High five!" I said. She was about to give me a high five when she pulled her hand away.
"No." She laughed.
I gasped in shock and we both laughed. She gave me a high five after.
We played basketball for the rest of the period. The day went by fast! It also felt weird to go back to school.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After school.
I closed my locker and Skyler and I are about to leave when Carter stopped me.
"I need to talk to you." He said.

To Be Continued...