20 Moving On

I was looking around my empty room to make sure that I got everything I need. Today, I am finally moving to California! My sister and my dad were waiting for me over there, and I am excited to start my new life there! I looked around one more time and kneeled down under my bed to see if I left something. I was about to stand up when I saw something under my bed. I reached out to take it and saw it was my Freshman year diary. I sighed and looked at the torn pages. I think my cat actually did a favor to me. I looked at the torn pages one last time and went to the fireplace to burned the notebook.
"Ready?" My mom asked.
I nodded and took my luggage.
My stepdad drove us to the airport and dropped me off.
"Thank you for everything!" I smiled and gave my mom and my stepdad a hug, "have fun in Florida!"
I looked at my little brother and gave him a hug, "Behave in high school!" I said and he just laughed.
"Good luck Bridgit! Visit us in Florida sometimes!" My mom said and tears started falling from her eyes.
"Oh mom! Don't worry! I will always visit!" I smiled and gave them one last hug, "Bye!"
The tears were starting to build up in my eyes once I walked in the airport dragging my luggage behind me. This is it. I am moving on, and I am going to start a new beginning.