Chapter 1

It was a normal Friday afternoon. Two 10-year-old kids were out playing, just like any other kid after school. It was 1990, and they were off school and on spring break. One picked the other up and started spinning them around as the other yelled at them. "Rick, You put me down or I will get my foot stuck up in your ass!" Bonnie yelled as Rick, her brother, laughed. Bonnie grew frustrated. "Mom, Rick won't put me down!" She yelled. "Richard, Put your sister down now." Their father said in a calm tone as he read his newspaper.

     "Snitch," Rick mumbled as he placed Bonnie down. Bonnie gave him a playful punch to his shoulder as Rick laughed and gave her a playful shove. They continued playing until Rick ran in another direction. "Dummy, We aren't done playing, where're you going?" Bonnie yelled as she looked to where Rick was running. She saw that it was his friend, Shane Walsh. She and Shane had an exciting relationship with each other. It was a type of love-hate thing.

     One moment, they're fighting, and the next they're laughing. It didn't matter, though, because they were just children and didn't know any better. Bonnie ran over to join them when she saw Shane with a ball. "Hey, Shane," Rick said as he stood in front of him, Bonnie following. "Well, If it isn't the infamous Shane Walsh," Bonnie said as she crossed her arms. Shane chuckled as he looked at her. "If it isn't the notorious Bonnie Faith Grimes," Shane said as he mimicked her.

     She gave him a playful punch to his shoulder as he laughed. They ran off into the fields to play with their ball. Little did they know about the future that lay ahead of them.