Chapter 4

Present Day

     Bonnie had woken up after the night she had with Shane. His arm was wrapped around her waist as she sat up and rubbed her eyes. She yawned as she stood up from the bed, only for Shane to pull her back down. "Stay in bed for a little bit." He said in a low voice. One that made butterflies in Bonnie's stomach. "Shane, I gotta go to work," Bonnie said as she giggled and kept trying to pull away.

     "Just call in. . . for me?" He said as he tightened his grip around her waist. "I would, but I gotta make money," Bonnie said. Shane groaned as he let her go. Bonnie wiggled out and got ready for work. She worked as a nurse and slipped into her scrubs. She got her hair fixed up as Shane got into his police uniform. They each finished getting ready for work and kissed each other goodbye before heading on their way.

Time Skip

     They had just finished work and were now hanging out at Shane's place. They talked for a bit and discussed with each other about their future. "Hey, Remember that promise we made with each other when we were like 12," Shane said as Bonnie turned to him. "What promise?" Bonnie asked as she tilted her head. Shane smiled as he pecked her lips. "You'll find out." He said. The night continued with the two talking and Bonnie trying to remember what she promised.