Uno (Natsu Dragneel)

((A/N: Dedicated to my beloved friend Deru! I've lost count on how many years we've been talking to each other honestly. It still feels like we met just yesterday except the site where we met no longer exists. Hope you enjoy this!))

The cold breeze brushed against your legs as the silence filled the air. Everyone couldn't trust anyone. You all were friends and yet none of you could trust one another. Each of you had bonded over the years and yet all trust was abandoned. The others who weren't involved could feel the tense air around the small group. Was your friendship going to end here?

"Uno."

"BULLSHIT, GRAY! I'M CALLING TOTAL BULLSHIT HERE AND NOW!"

The ice mage smirked at the angry Dragon Slayer.

"Are you saying I could have played a different card than the one card in my hand?"

Natsu nodded his head up and down quickly obviously not wanting to lose to him.

Erza sighed.

"Show him your hand, Gray."

He flipped his card over and silence took over. Prior to this move, Lucy had set down a yellow skip. This card had skipped your turn and moved to Gray, who sat next to you. Gray was pretty confident when he set down a wild draw four card for Natsu. The ice mage smirked in victory.

"YOU CHEATED!"

You sighed as Lucy groaned.

"Natsu, he has a red reverse, so you draw six cards and skip your turn. Also, he didn't cheat. I'm sitting right next to him."

The pink haired male pouted and took his six cards knowing not to mess with you.

Erza nodded and continued the game as the boy next to her sulked in silence.

Today, the four of you decided to play Uno after returning from a mission. Of course, Natsu and Gray were all for it proclaiming that they would be the winner. You didn't mind really, but you had forgotten how tense the air could get when playing any sort of game with your friends.

"[First Name], it's your turn."

Pulled away from your own thoughts, you looked at the green skip in the middle. Erza had skipped Lucy.

Looking at your cards, you didn't have anything minus a wild draw four card. You've been saving that because you didn't want to be a jerk to Gray or Lucy. Unfortunately, you had no choice at this point. The card went in the middle.

"The color is now red."

"[First Name], is this payback for doing this to Natsu?"

Even though Gray asked nicely, you could feel the irritation behind his words.

"Are you calling me a liar?"

The air got tense again. Lucy, Erza, and Natsu stared at you and Gray for a while.

"I'll take the risk."

Without hesitation, you showed your hand causing the crowd to make an "oooooo" sound, a sound Gray wasn't too fond of.

He drew six cards and it went to Natsu, a grinning boy as if everything was going his way.

~~~

"Uno."

"Eh?! [First Name], it's only been four turns since that wild card though!"

"I'd rather have [First Name] win than this ice cube over here."