Let's Go Home (Sting Eucliffe)

((A/N: Requested by @gyalia Hopefully, I did good on this one. Inspired by Dragon Age: Origins))

Rage filled his veins as he lashed out his anger on the enemies before him.

How did it come to this? It wasn't supposed to be this way.

Sting felt tears streamed down his cheeks as he fought his enemies while Rogue tried to reach him.

He loved you with all of his heart.

You knew that he loved you and you returned those feelings starting a long term relationship with him.

And yet...

And yet, this had happened.

"Sting! Calm down! I know you're angry, but we need to get out of here."

"I'm not leaving her, damn it! I'm not leaving (First Name) here with these damned monsters!"

Lector had a painful look on his face as his best friend was lashing out his pain on those who tried to stop him.

This wasn't how things were supposed to go down.

~~~

"(First Name)-san? Is everything alright? You've been distant lately."

Yukino's voice reached your ears, snapping you out from your empty thoughts.

"Sorry Yukino. I haven't been feeling like myself lately."

The girl before you frowned.

"I knew sending you alone was a bad idea. Someone should have gone with you."

A month prior from today, you had taken a job from a small village within a thick forest.

The job was to get rid of the monster that had been killing their kin relentlessly.

You never told anyone what had happened back there because of how terrifying it was.

It wasn't just that either. You had done something unforgivable, but for the sake of saving a child you had no relation to.

The monster was a demon that had possessed a child. That child had killed many people by luring them into the forest. As an exchange for the safety of the child, you allowed the demon to possess you, a powerful mage.

Sting would go crazy if he ever found out since the two of you were dating, so you kept it a secret from him.

There were times when the demon took over, but your strong will kept it at bay.

"(First Name)-san, you're spacing out again!"

"Ah! Sorry Yukino."

"Sting is thinking you should take a break and recover. We've all noticed how different you are now."

"I guess a break would be nice. Sleep sounds good too."

~~~

Day after day, you only grew more distant from your friends.

It scared you to the core and you've taken notice of the small changes of your body.

Your eyes were darker, your skin complexion was paler, and you could see the demon behind you through the mirror smirking at you, mocking you.

It was then you came to the conclusion that being around the ones you loved would only bring them death.

There was no way of telling when you could no longer hold back the demon within you.

Leaving a note in your room, you had left town hoping Sting and the others understood why this had to be.

This demon shouldn't attach itself to anyone else and from the book you've read during your break, there was only one way to get rid of the demon at this point.