Chapter 26

Will's POV
"I need ambrosia, an ice pack, and a kit kat. Pronto!" I yell as Simon comes right on time with the items. "Here have this, it will make you feel better." I say gently, handing the ambrosia to the kid who accidentally cut himself while training. I lay the kit kat on the bedside table, "Just get some rest." I instruct. "Simon?" I ask.

"Yes?" He says shifting around to face me.

"Can you work on his cut? I have things I need to do at the lake." I ask.

"Of course." He replies with a smile.

"Thank you, i'll give you a longer lunch break." I reward.

"Oh, Sweet!" He said, walking over the kid laying on the bed. I take one last look at the kid with a cut slashed across his arm, and I begin my decent to the lake. Turns out I can't get a second of peace when I hear someone off into the distance yelling my name. I turn to my right, I see one of  hermes' kids carrying someone on their back.

"Will!" The boy shouted, "Over here!" I look at the lake and make up my mind. The lake can wait. I make my way over to them but stop briefly. My heart sinks. Nico is the boy on his shoulders and he's a bloody mess. "What happened?" I say as I quickly close in the rest of the distance between us.

"I heard noises in the hades cabin. I thought it was a raccoon but when I opened the door uh~" The hermes' kid clears his throat, "I kinda smacked him in the face?" My eyebrows scrunch together.

"I'm not gonna ask. Come on, he needs to get help." I say as the hermes' kid, who I now recognise as the new kid Alex, gently lowers him down and wraps an arm under his armpit. I latch Nico's other hand over my shoulder and together we drag him along to the infirmary. My heart kept skipping beats when he had his arm around my shoulder, it had been ages since I had seen him and I was terrified. But now he was back, and all my worries went away. I snapped out of my trans and called out into the infirmary.

"Molly!" I waited for a response.

"Hm?" She said poking her head out of the tent, "Oh my." Her face went pale. Without having to tell her what to do, she cleared out a bed and Alex lifted him onto it.

"Thank you for your help Alex. I'll make sure to put a good word in for you to Chiron." I say giving him a wink. He smiles and nods, then leaves.

Percy's POV
I turn back for a brief moment, expecting to see a huge centipede, or something like that, but there was nothing. I stopped running, forgetting Annabeth doesn't share the same mind as I do. She looks back at me and trips over, smashing her head on the rocky ground.

"Annabeth!" I yell.

"I'm okay." She says with positivity. I help her up and we try to examine our surroundings. I shove Annabeth's shoulder, she looks up at me.

"Look." I say tilting my head in the direction i'm looking. Her eyes light up, like the tunnel. There's a bright end to the tunnel that distracts us from the thing lurking behind us. I feel breathing on my neck and quickly jolt backwards. Nothing. "Did you feel that?" I ask Annabeth.

"What?" She looks at me puzzled, her face more clearer with the added light.

"The breeze." I barely get out. I tilt my head toward the darkness and slowly kneel down to grab Annabeth's shoulder. I yank her up and push her toward the light, making sure i'm the one closest to the dark. I slowly move backwards, Annabeth takes the hint and starts moving with me. She reaches for my hand and squeezes it, giving me some ease. I turn back to face her, seeing the terrified look on her face once i've turned to look at her.