Chapter Two B1

Ralph get off his bike and put it on the side before walking to the front door ringing the door bell.

Penelope walks to the door and opens it. "Ralph, you're back!" Hugs him tightly.

Ralph smiles. "I miss you."

Penelope looks at Ralph. "I miss you too." Let Ralph get inside and they both go to the backward and sits on the couch. "How's your trip?"

"Um.. it's fine. Pen... there's something I want to tell you." Ralph feels worried and concerned.

"What is it?" Moves closer to Ralph.

"Umm...I'm going away....I got accepted in Harvard and I will be pursuing my studies there." Ralph tells his girlfriend.

"What, Harvard? Isn't that in Massachusetts? That's....well umm first of all congratulations! But umm... it's.... it's too far." Penelope feels sad.

Ralph holds Penelope's hand. "Please don't worry. I will call you as often as I can. I will send you letters, send you messages."

Penelope cups Ralph's face. "I know you will but it's hard to....it won't be the same without you here."

Ralph brushes his nose to Penelope's nose. "I'm sorry, Pen. But this is.."

"I know, it's for your own good. For future..." Penelope says.

"It isn't only for me but it's for us." Ralph leans closer and kisses Penelope sweetly.

Penelope slips her arms around Ralph's neck.

Elizabeth read the messages on her beeper from one of her admirers and lies down on the bed.

Constance looks at Elizabeth. "Your tub is ready, Beth."

"Do you think I will see him again?" Elizabeth thinking of Ralph.

Constance smiles. "Are you referring to the young man you met at the airport?"

Elizabeth smiles. "Yes, Constance. I feel like I want to get to know him more. But (sighs) I forgot to ask Ralph's beeper number."

"Oh sweetheart, if you're destined to be then you will see each other again soon." Constance's giving hope to Elizabeth.

"He is so handsome and cuter when he frowns." Elizabeth starts taking off her dress and gets the robe. "His name is Ralph, Constance. My dear Ralph."
She walks inside the bathroom and gets naked before soaking herself in the bathtub.
~~
Charles sees his father talking with Frederick Anderson over the phone.

"Charles, where have you been? Your father has been lookin' for you?" Mrs. Walker's feeling concerned about his son's absence.

"Mum, I ....I went outside trying to get more glimpse of New York." Charles respond.

"Have you already packed your things?" asked Mrs. Walker.

"Not yet. Isn't it too early?" Charles feels confused.

"Pack your things. Your father is closing a business deal in San Francisco tomorrow afternoon and we're going with him." Mrs. Walker tells her son.

"Can I just stay here, Mom?" Charles suggested.

"No, Charles you have to come with us.  Your father wants you to learn how to mingle with entrepreneurs and businessmen. Please don't argue no more and just pack your things." Mrs. Walker touches Charles's face softly.