Chapter Eighteen B 1

Elizabeth is walking back and forth, breathing heavily as she goes through labor pains. Her nanny, Constance, and house helper, Maria, are by her side to support her. Ralph is not present as he is in a meeting.

Elizabeth's breathing heavily and taked a pause. "Constance, can you please call Ralph? I need him to be here with me."

Constance: You may need to sit down and relax. I will be calling Ralph again and I hope I can get him through this time.

Constance calls Ralph while Maria helps Elizabeth.

Constance talks to Ralph's secretary. "Please tell your boss that his wife is on labor now. She's about to give birth! Tell him that we are taking Elizabeth to the hospital and he has to be with her.

Elizabeth's wincing in pain. "It's alright, Constance. He can come when he's done with the meeting."

Maria's rubbing Elizabeth's back.  Just focus on your breathing, Mrs. Anderson. Everything will be fine.

"We should go. I can't take this anymore." Elizabeth says.

Elizabeth goes to the hospital with Constance and Maria.

After thirty minutes, Ralph finally arrives at the hospital, looking flustered and guilty.

Ralph runs inside the labor room. "I'm so sorry, Elizabeth. I should have been here."

Elizabeth smiles weakly. "It's okay, Hon. I'm just glad you're here now.

Ralph kisses Elizabeth and kisses her forehead. "I'll make it up to you, I promise."

The doctor arrives and checks Elizabeth's condition. Constance and Maria wait anxiously outside the room while Ralph stays by Elizabeth's side.

Doctor: Okay, Elizabeth, it's time to push. Your baby is ready to come out.

Elizabeth holds Ralph's hand tightly and takes a deep breath. "Just tell me what to do, doctor."

Ralph: I'm here, Honey. You can do this.

Elizabeth starts pushing and screaming.

Doctor: Go on, just continue pushing.

Elizabeth starts cursing. "Oh shit!" Breathing heavily and sweats build up on her forehead.

Ralph: You can this, Hon. You can do it.

After an intense several pushes, Elizabeth finally gives birth to a healthy and handsome baby boy. She smiles through tears of joy as the doctor hands the baby to her.

Elizabeth getting teary eyed as she's seeing her son. " Oh he's perfect. Our little prince.

Ralph's kissing Elizabeth's forehead. "He really is."

The doctor and nurses clean the baby and hand him back to Elizabeth. Constance and Maria enter the room, beaming with happiness.

Constance feels happy and excited. "Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Anderson! He's so adorable."

Maria: We're so happy for the both of you.

Elizabeth: Thank you, both. I couldn't have done it without you.

The nurse comes in to take the baby for his checkup. Ralph leans in to kiss Elizabeth and the baby.

Ralph:  I'm sorry I couldn't be here for the whole labor, Elizabeth. But I promise to make it up to you and our son.