Chapter Nine B 1

~~Summer~~

Two days before summer break begins

Ralph lying on his bed throwing a tennis ball to the air.

Charles grabs a chair and sits in between Ralph and Thomas's beds. "What are guys planning for summer?"

"My father wants me to work in his company." says Ralph.

Thomas gets up from the bed. "Seriously?! Dude, that's unfair!"

"It's okay for me. I need to keep my mind busy," says Ralph.

"Oh c'mon Raphy, you will find another girl." Charles tells Ralph. "Hey, I will talk to your father. We deserve to chill you know. I'm goin' to take you and Thomas to Greece! We have a rest house in Athens."

"What about Abraham and Kris?" asks Thomas.

"Oh yeah sure. I will invite them." replies Charles. "C'mon Ralph, it will be fun. I am going to introduce you to some of my female friends."

"I don't know but I really need to work this summer." Ralph gets up from the bed and leans on the wall. "Are you goin' to invite Susie?"

"That's the very reason why I need you to come with us." Charles tells Ralph.
~~~
The group of friends are walking into a cozy and medieval inspired resthouse in the outskirts of Athens, Greece. They are all carrying backpacks and are visibly excited for their summer vacation.

Charles: Here we are, our home for the next few weeks!

Ralph: Wow, Charles. This place looks amazing! How did you manage to find this gem?

Charles: Well, I have a great taste when it comes to vacation spots. Plus, my grandfather bought this place as a gift to my grandmother.

Kristopher: How romantic.

Charles looks at Kristopher. "How about you your highness?"

Kristopher: We have beach villas in Italy and in France. We can visit those places if you like.

Susie: France, Italy? Wow.

Kristopher: We have beach villa in St. Tropez, a house near to Lake Como in Italy.

Charles: Not bad your majesty.

Kristopher: Will you stop calling me that, I'm not a Prince!

Charles: But you're grandfather is a Duke!

Kristopher: A former Duke, you say.

Abraham: Enough with the silly and pity fights. We're here to enjoy.

Charles: Agreed!

Thomas: As long as we have some time to relax and enjoy the beaches, I'm happy.

Susie rolls her eyes. "Of course, Thomas. We'll make sure to schedule some beach days for you."

Victoria: I can't wait to try all the Greek food and wine. I've been looking forward to this trip for months now.

Harold looks around. "It's my first time to be here. This place feels like home already. Thank you for inviting us, Charles."

Charles grins. "Anytime, guys. Now, let's settle in and make some plans for tomorrow."

The group starts exploring the place after they have their lunch. They were exploring the ancient ruins, hiking in the mountains, and enjoying the local cuisine.