Chapter Eleven B1

Laura couldn't stop thinking of Charles and she somehow hang outs at the place where she first met him and even told Elizabeth about it.

Elizabeth: What do you mean by you found the man you want to get married with? That's incredibly ridiculous!

Laura: Liz, you wouldn't believe it! I....I imagine myself marrying him. He's the one for me!

Elizabeth scoffs. "Real talk, Lo. You just can't say you want to marry the guy whom you just met! Second, love at first sight doesn't exist at all, third you have just turned eighteen and you still have to finish your studies! And lastly but not the least of course, how do you even know he is the right one for you when you still haven't gotten to know the guy yet!

"Ouchie!" says Laura.

"There should be love, Lo. Love, respect and care." Elizabeth tells her friend.

"Geez, where did you get all those ideas?!" Laura blurted.

Freshmen Welcoming Party

Elizabeth feels excited. "I can't believe we're finally here at the University of Harvard! And tonight, we get to attend the Welcoming Party for Freshmen!"

Laura smiles. "I know right? It's such an honor to be a part of this prestigious university. I can already feel the excitement in the air. Maybe we can find some hot rich men tonight!"

Elizabeth: There you go again.

Laura fixes her hair. "How do I look?"

Elizabeth: You always look good, Laura. You're like a walking model.

Laura: And you Ms. Elizabeth Margarett Astor looks like a freaking Greek goddess!

Elizabeth: Oh shut up!

Laura: You're like the modern Aphrodite!

Elizabeth rolls her eyes.

Laura and Elizabeth goes to the school yard where the event is being held.

As they take their seats, the lights dim down and the Dean steps on stage, welcoming the freshmen class.

Dean: Good evening, everyone. Welcome to the University of Harvard and congratulations on becoming a part of this prestigious community. We have a wonderful night planned for all of you to celebrate the beginning of your academic journey here.

The Dean's speech is followed by performances from the university's a cappella group and a stand-up comedian, bringing laughter and cheers from the audience. As the night continues, the students are encouraged to socialize and get to know each other.

Elizabeth's leaning over to Laura. "This is such a great opportunity for us to make new friends and connections."

Laura: Definitely. It's important to build relationships and form a support system while we're here.

As they mingle with their classmates, they meet a group of students from their major.

Thomas, Abraham, Kristopher, and Ralph are all sitting on the couch, drinking beers hanging out at Ralph's dorm.

Thomas: Come on guys, we have to go to the Welcoming Party for Freshmen tonight!

Abraham: Didn't we just have a party last night?

Thomas: Yeah, but this is different. It's a chance for us to meet some new people, specifically some young and pretty freshmen girls.

Abraham: Not a bad idea at all.