chapter 1

Si... Sir, we can't lau... launch our new edition in one week," a man in his 40s spoke, but stopped mid-sentence when he caught the glare from his superior.

"Mr. Lee, our new edition will be launched in a week, that's final. Got it?" a young man sitting in the leader's seat calmly said, his gaze piercing as he stared down each employee.

"GOT IT?" the same man yelled, causing everyone present to shiver at his authoritative tone and hastily respond, "Yes, sir."

With a dismissive gesture, he motioned for them to leave, and they all scrambled to exit, eager to escape the wrath of their CEO.

Once they were all gone, he muttered curses under his breath. "Bloody useless," he spat

Introducing Kim Taehyung, the queen of vampires and CEO of Vamptech.

His phone rang, he cut the call, not in the mood to talk to someone. But to his annoyance, that non-living ring persisted, and he again cut the call. But that fool ring persisted again, he closed his eyes in frustration, and then, BOOM  he killed that innocent non-living. (Rest in peace, phone)

After calming himself, he returned to reading the document before a knock interrupted his solitude."Come in," he grumbled.

His brother and secretary, Park Jimin, entered, eyeing the deceased phone with a gesture of silent prayer.

"Tae, there's an emergency at the warehouse. Your presence is needed," Jimin informed him.

Taehyung's interest piqued at the mention of the warehouse. "Which one?"

"Near the bamboo forests. Hoseok hyung called, but there was too much noise in the background," Jimin explained, plopping on chair and wiping his sweat .

Taehyung rolled his eyes at his brother's dramatics and annoyed ass brother but recognized the urgency in Hoseok's call.

He nodded to himself, then stood, heading towards a concealed door unnoticed by others.

"Arrange everything. I'll be there after freshening up," Taehyung instructed before disappearing through the hidden door.

Jimin sighed, muttering to himself, "offoo If I'm not there, nothing can happen in this company," before departing to organize the necessary arrangements for their journey.

Now, they're both in the car, with Jimin engrossed in his phone while Taehyung watches the trees as they leave the city behind.

Taehyung reflects on how his life changed; he used to live in a forest cave before  his parents death , but he no longer feels at home in these forests.

"Tae, we've arrived," Jimin interrupts his thoughts.

Taehyung sighs, puts on his glasses, and exits the car as a guard opens the gate for him. Jimin walks ahead, with Taehyung following behind.

As they pass the guards, who bow to Taehyung, he ignores them. Jimin stops to ask one of the guards something, but Taehyung keeps walking.

Once the guard opens the gate to the warehouse, Jhope suddenly shoved  a baby to Taehyung hand .

Taehyung is stunned, his eyes wide in shock. He looks at Hoseok, who appears nervous, and then at the baby in his hand, who is hiccupping and looking at him with tear-filled eyes and a runny nose.

"Why are you standing here? Move as...." Jimin says, but he stops when he notices Taehyung, the queen of vampires, holding a baby, something unexpected.

Jimin snaps out of his shock when Hoseok elbows him. He gestures towards Taehyung, who is looking at the baby as if it's the eighth wonder of the world.