chapter 13

Warning: mention of blood

"Ooo, look who decided to bless us with their presence," Yeonjun commented sarcastically as Kook entered their secret room.

Kook ignored Jun and sat beside Kai, who laughed at them.

"Did you find something?" Kook asked Kai. They began their discussion, while Jun dramatically threw his hands in the air due to the lack of attention from his friends and brother. He then sat down and started working on his PC.

Meanwhile, Tae opened his eyes when Kook quietly closed the window and jumped out, thinking his Berry was in a deep sleep.

Tae picked up his phone and dialed a number. "Closely follow my brat," Tae said while sitting on the bed.

"Okay. Do you want to know what he's doing?" the man asked.

"No, let him be. Just keep him safe and remember, nothing should happen to him. Understood?" Tae said in his deep and strict voice. After hearing a quick "Okay," he hung up.Then Tae started working.

After two hours, he heard the sound of someone running. He immediately shut his laptop and pretended to sleep.

The next moment, the window opened and Kook stepped into the room. He looked at Tae and sighed in relief, seeing that his Berry was still sleeping. He removed his jacket and was about to climb into bed to get some peaceful sleep, but then he decided to take a shower first because he was full of sweat from running. He grabbed a fresh pair of joggers and went to the bathroom.

He took a quick cold shower, but the water was colder than usual because it was night.

After that, he joined Tae on the bed and cuddled with him. Tae immediately circled his arms around him. Kook couldn't sleep, so he looked at Tae, who was pretending to sleep, kissed his Berry's forehead, and tried again to sleep but still couldn't.

At last, he opened Tae's shirt and took his bud into his mouth, sighing in pleasure and satisfaction. In a second, he was lost in dreamland. Then Tae opened his eyes, pulled Kook closer, adjusted the quilt over Kook, kissed his forehead, and also went to sleep, now that his home was close to him.

Tae woke up when he felt something too hot touching him. He looked around and saw there was still time until morning. Then he felt hot breath on his neck and looked towards Kook, who was trying to snuggle more into Tae. Tae touched Kook's forehead and felt that he was burning like lava. He immediately adjusted Kook's quilt and went to get another one, pulling it over Kook.

"Kook has a fever. Come fast," Tae said as soon as the other person picked up the phone. Without waiting for a response, his concern was solely on his brat. He knew that vampires don't normally get fevers, but when they do, it's ten times worse than humans and much more difficult to take care of.

Till the doctor arrived, Tae decided to do something himself. He went to the kitchen, took a bowl, filled it with water and ice, and then returned to the room.

When Kook didn't feel or smell his Berry, he opened his eyes. His eyelids felt so heavy that he immediately closed them. "Berry?" he called out in a very weak voice. After a minute, when he didn't hear anything from Tae, he started whining, "Hmmmm, Berry?" He tried to scream, but it came out as a whine.

"Berry?" he whined again as Tae entered with the bowl. "Yes, baby, I'm right here," Tae said with a worried but gentle voice. He put the bowl on the side table, soaked a cloth in it, and started placing it on Kook's forehead to lower his temperature.

As Tae sat beside Kook, Kook immediately snuggled into him. Tae gently took Kook's head onto his lap, providing as much comfort as he could.

But the devil needed more, so he pulled on Tae's t-shirt, getting inside it and sighing in relief. Tae smiled at his doe's cuteness.

After half an hour, Tae heard a knock. "Wait," Tae said, pulling Kook from his t-shirt and laying him properly on the bed before adjusting his own shirt.

"Come in," Tae said, then sat beside Kook.

"You came so late, Bogum," Tae said to Bogum, who rolled his eyes and replied, "Unfortunately, vampire medicine isn't sold in regular medical stores."

"Sorry, Bogum. I'm just worried about Kook; his fever still hasn't come down," Tae said worriedly. Bogum nodded in understanding and took a bottle out of his bag.

"Drop your blood in this," Bogum said to Tae while checking Kook's fever. Kook immediately opened his eyes when he felt a stranger's touch and glared at Bogum, who flinched under Kook's intense gaze.

Tae noticed and came to sit beside Kook. "Baby, he is a doctor. I know him," Tae gently said to Kook, whose eyes immediately softened at the sound of his Berry's voice, revealing the duality of the devil.

Kook started to snuggle into Tae, ignoring Bogum's presence. Bogum awkwardly observed their lovey-dovey moment, and Tae's cheeks began to redden at his brat's antics.

As usual, Kook always wanted Tae's attention and touch, but now that he was sick, he became even more whiny, wanting his Berry close to him constantly.

" Tae," Bogum called, catching Tae's attention. He handed him the bottle, and Tae nodded in acknowledgment. Taking the bottle, Tae bit his wrist and let a few drops of blood fall into it.

When Bogum called Tae, Kook also looked at him, and his eyes instantly turned red. Tae was busy, but Bogum noticed Kook's eyes and felt a shiver down his spine. He silently prayed to get back to his wife before Tae's brat decided to beat him, cursing himself for getting stuck with Tae's devil.

"Why is he calling you Tae, Berry?" Kook asked in a slow but ice-cold voice. Bogum regretted his decision to come here, wishing he had just sent the medicine.

"Bub, he's a friend of mine," Tae said, trying to make Kook understand. But this was his devil they were dealing with.

Kook rolled his eyes at the word "friend." "So what if he's a friend? He can't call you Tae," Kook thought to himself.

As Tae focused on mixing his blood with the medicine—knowing that only his blood could make the medicine powerful enough to help Kook recover—Kook was busy making holes in Bogum with his eyes. Bogum uncomfortably looked around, and Kook fixed his gaze on a vase behind Bogum. He moved his eyes, and in a second, the vase was in the air and then BOOM—it crashed onto Bogum's head.

Bogum yelled in pain, and Tae looked at him, shocked. Then he turned to his brat, who had made his eyes big and innocent, giving Tae his best puppy eyes while blinking.

"Doe?" Tae said, exasperated with his brat's possessiveness and jealousy.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hello cookies  🍪

I am so sorry for late update, but I was genuinely busy in my admission process .

Sorry for mistakes

Thank you for reading my story 🥰 🫂

Enjoy reading 💜 💜