chapter -9

They don't know how many hours have passed, and they are still in each other's arms, basking in each other's warmth.

 They don't want to separate, as if they are making up for the years they spent apart. Both have their eyes closed and relaxed expressions on their faces, feeling at home. Kook snuggles more into Tae's chest, and Tae tightens his arms around Kook.

Maybe everyone is right: in your home, even the hardest rock feels like the fluffiest bed.

A whine captures Tae's attention. He looks at Kook, who has a frown on his face and eyes closed, as if he's fighting with his own mind.

 Tae doesn't know when his fingers come to Kook's forehead, relaxing that frown. It's like his brain and heart only want happy expressions and bunny smiles on his doe, not any other expression.

"What happened, bun? Do you need something?" Tae asks in his deep and gentle voice, his fingers still smoothing out the frown that immediately returns with another whine on the younger's forehead.

Kook opens his eyes and looks at Tae with hesitation. Tae blinks, encouraging the younger to say whatever he wants.

"Is there still have boo boo?" Kook says in a very small voice, cutely pointing to Tae's chest.

They look at each other, blinking their eyes. Tae tilts his head, and Kook mirrors the action, his big doe eyes making him look like a cute puppy. Tae laughs loudly at his doe's cuteness and silliness. As Tae laughs, Kook hides his face in Tae's chest, sulking because his berry is making fun of him.

"Ye... Yes, doe, there is," Tae says, trying to control his laughter. As those words leave Tae's lips, Kook jerks his head towards Tae at lightning speed, making Tae worry if his doe's neck is okay. He puts his hand on Kook's neck and starts massaging it.

Tae nods when he sees Kook still looking at him. "Berry, can I drink?" Kook asks while fidgeting with his fingers. Tae smiles at his doe's cuteness.

"Since when do you start asking for your boo boo, hmm?" Tae says while flicking Kook's chin, remembering how his doe used to drink his boo boo.

Especially the moment of his office.

 Past

After Jimin's wedding, Tae admitted Kook to playschool. Today was his first day of school. Only Tae knew how he managed to get that brat ready to go to school, after so much pleading, promises, and gifts.

Tae entered his company alone for the first time in five years. He felt strange entering alone, as his doe usually accompanied him. He sighed, knowing his doe's education was important.

Everyone bowed to him, and each employee had one question in mind: where was their boba ball today, who usually lightened the company's atmosphere with his presence? But no one had the guts to ask their boss.

From morning, every employee was holding their breath because their boss was in a bad mood, and the reason was obvious.

At the School

Lee Ho was waiting at the school gate. He saw Kook running toward him. Lee Ho lifted Kook onto his shoulder and kissed his forehead.

"Uncle, berry," Kook said, and Lee Ho laughed. He made Kook sit in the baby chair and started their journey towards Vamptech.

As soon as Lee Ho opened the baby chair belt, Kook immediately ran into the company. Lee Ho shook his head and followed the brat. Everyone smiled at the running bunny who bowed to every employee he encountered while running.