Luna Is a Title

Tori's POV:

I saw the light growing brighter and I knew it was time to say goodbye. I gently laid a kiss on my sleeping baby's face, laying her back in her crib. There are five girls and only four boys. This one is the third oldest of the girls. I wonder how much time has passed this time. I was so sure I wouldn't wake up. I wonder if that strange man is okay. Why do I care? It's not like I've met him before today.

"I don't know! I told you, she walked over, drew a weird symbol, muttered words in another language, and collapsed!" What? Who are they talking about? This wasn't the strange man, but he sounds like he's panicking and I can't help but let out an amused breath from it. I haven't opened my eyes yet. I want to listen before they realize I'm awake. Mr. Noah and Mrs. Gio never let me listen.

"And that's when all your injuries faded? Dude, cut the bullshit! How'd your wolf do it?" Another man's voice, this one though, is familiar. A certain ginger guest seems to have been rescued. Thank God my punishment wasn't for nothing.

"He's telling the truth. I'm not sure how she did it but one second, he was choking on his own blood looking at death himself and the next, he was standing with her in front of him. Plus, this one here did the same to me." Now this voice, I know for sure. The strange man has a soothing voice after all. Who are they talking about though?

Wait. Where are the girls? Shooting forward, I looked around and panicked for the girls' familiar faces. Please tell me they made it out! They had to! A gentle but firm arm wrapped around my waist, and I could hear him talking but I couldn't tell what he was saying. My breaths were coming fast and all the oxygen from my lungs going faster.

"Where are the girls!?" My voice, I could tell, didn't sound completely like my own. That wasn't the biggest problem though. I turned and searched the strange man's eyes who looked at me like he saw a ghost. Why is he staring at me like that!

"Answer me!" I have never growled at someone out of pure panic or rage before but as I stood here, in this stranger's arms with the girls missing, I couldn't help it. Something is coming over me and I don't know what it is. It's like my emotions are heightened or something. He's pissing me off with not answering!

"They're laying in the back. They're okay." He muttered, still staring at me as though he's in some type of hypnosis. I felt my heart settle and took a deep breath, staring at him with wonder. Everything grew quiet as I searched his eyes once more, this time for what he wants with me.

Let's wake them up!

A blood curdling scream escaped me before I realized that voice. I covered my mouth, taking another deep breath. I glanced at all three men who now looked at me like I was loony. Silly boys. I couldn't stop the full-fledged laughing attack that snuck up on me from their faces, so I embraced it and let myself relax with my laughter.

The arm around my waist grew tighter, dragging me down. Their faces were hilarious. I am not apologizing for that.

Sorry, Corrina. You scared the ever-living crap out of me! I don't think this strange man is going to let me up anytime soon.

As I looked up, I could see him watching me. In fact, all three were still watching me. That hypnosis or trance or whatever he was once in was gone and his face and eyes were cold. Did I do something wrong? I'm not apologizing for laughing! I didn't do anything wrong! My chest began to feel a bit tighter and a sharp pain started in my throat. Why is he mad at me? What did I do?

I didn't want him to see me cry. Mr. Noah always got mad when I cried. I turned and put my hands together, masking my emotions as best as I could while staring at the ground willing my tear-filled eyes to dry. Why am I so emotional? I should be happy that I got chosen. Actually, I should probably be scared but who cares. Surely this man's home is better than the facility.