Chapter9

Astrid

When we got back to dragons edge hiccup led me silently to his hut. He sat me down and started to check for a temperature putting his hand on my forehead then on my left cheek then he stops at my right cheek looking into my eyes. "You sure your okay?" He asks as his hand slides down to my wrist. " I'm fine hiccup I just have to tell you something and its really important..." He sits down next to me closely and takes one of my hands. "What is it Astrid?" He looks worried as he asked me this. "I-" "HICCUP!!!"

Snotlout..

Hiccup stands walking outside his hut to where snotlout stands arms crossed.

I got up and followed standing a few feet behind Hiccup. Snotlout stared at me then glared at Hiccup. "Heather's gone now you and Astrid can quit sneaking around at night!" He said pointing a finger at Hiccup. Hiccup growled in frustration. "Snotlout go back to your hut, what Astrid and I are doing at night is none of your business!" Hiccup said rolling his eyes and turning away from snotlout. I decide to make him even angrier. As he goes to grab Hiccup's shoulder I stood between them. "Snotlout why do you care so much?" "Because Astrid he's a talking fishbone! I don't care if he trained toothless he's still ' Hiccup the useless'! He couldn't even be able to hang out with a girl like you!" Snotlout smirks. I smirk grabbing Hiccups shoulder making him turn to face me. I look at snotlout. " really? Did you forget what hiccup did to save us? How do you think he lost a leg? And more importantly remember what I did to him when he woke up?" I smirk. "Y-you kissed him b-but that doesn't mean anything!" I smile looking at Hiccup. "Really?" I smirked and pulled Hiccup over to where our bodies were touching and there's no space between us. I smirk at him wrapping his arms around my waist and putting my hands on his neck I captures Hiccups lips. He was shocked but then tighten his grip on me and kissed back. Our lips moving in sync. I pulled away leaving both Hiccup and Snotlout shocked. Hiccup stared down at me not saying anything and snotlout crossed his arms as I played my head on Hiccup's chest. "It means you never had a chance so go back to your hut and if we want to sneak around we will. Got it?" He nods and walks away going to his hut. I back away from hiccup and start to walk to my hut. I can feel Hiccup's eyes staring at me. "Astrid" he ran after me and turned me around. I dont answer. He grabs one of my hands and puts a finger under my chin making me look at him. "What was that?" He says looking straight into my eyes. " I don't know Hic.." "Astrid what's wrong with you? You've been acting different since heather left.." I sigh I might as well tell him now...

" heather said something the day we went out in the woods.." He looks at me with an eyebrow raised. He squeezes my hand. " she...ask if we were...a - a thing.... And i.. I didn't want to tell the truth I wanted to say we are.... But I honestly don't know.... 3 years ago..when you saved Berk from the red death and I kissed you....I ... I didn't know if we were just friends or..." I looked away from him.

"I want us to be more than friends hiccup..." He didn't respond in what felt like forever. But when he did.... He dropped my hand put his hand on my waist and pulled me closer to him just like I did in front of snotlout. He put one hand under my chin and looked me in the eyes and then almost inaudibly whispered. " your so beautiful...I've always wanted to call you mine..." He kissed my cheek. I put my hand on his chest tracing circled on it and whispered back to him...

"Then do it..."