Chapter - 24

"That's fine, I am sorry too. Also I take back my words, I don't hate you."

Y/n gasped at his words with widened eyes.

"YOU SHOULD NOT LIE!" She yelled and got smacked on her head lightly by Jungkook.

"Why are you yelling? Also I am not lying, Jeon Jungkook never lies. It's just that hating you is boring." He said with an uninterested face.

"Boring? Why?"

"Because you are so younger than me and also you're no match to me" Jungkook replied with a proud grin on his face as he straightened his blazer.

"Huh? You're so old? Oh my god, I was right when I called you Ahjussi then. By the way you must find it difficult to understand our language right? I mean in 1950s language must be different than now?" Y/n asked making Jungkook's eyes widened.

"God, are you dumb or what? I am just 6 years older than you." This made y/n gasp again.

"Don't tell me you don't know how to use computer and cell phones. I am so sad to hear that, but my deep condolences with you." Saying this she patted his back making Jungkook to sigh. It was unbelievable for him.

Y/n laughed internally, she was testing his patience on purpose.

"Anyways I have applied medicine in your wounds, now sleep I'll return later."
Saying this Jungkook was about to leave when y/n held him by his wrist.

He turned towards her with a raised eyebrow.

"What?"

"Thank you for saving me. When they were hitting me I felt so helpless. I was just thinking that only if I had my brother or my father I could have been saved. I thought they'll kill me. I was scared." She said and by the end her voice became low and soft. This increased Jungkook's heartbeat again. He realised that how much scared she was.

He sighed and took a seat beside her on the bed.

"Look I know we are not like other husband and wife but from now on you can rely onto me whenever you're in a problem. I never met your dad or brother but I'll try my best that I can fill up the void as much as possible." Her eyes twinkled in happiness which made Jungkook feel a lot more relaxed than before.

She finally laid down on the bed as Jungkook covered her with the blanket and within no time she fell asleep. Jungkook went out of the room and took out his cell phone to dial someone's number.

As the person from the other side of the call picked up Jungkook spoke in a pinched dark voice.

"Hello Hyung, I need your help." While saying this, his grip on the cell phone was tight as he was still boiling in anger. Somehow he can't forget the cries of y/n and also the condition he found her.

After saying this he kept the call and went to the kitchen to ask the maids to cook something healthy for her. He also decided that after she gets up if she has any pain he'll take her to the hospital.

Jungkook went to his office room that was already set. He sat on his chair and opened his laptop as he started typing something in it, doing his work.

A few hours later, he finally completed typing and as he closed the laptop, the door's bell rung and he closed his laptop going downstairs. The first thing he noticed was y/n who was walking holding onto the wall.

"What are you doing here? Didn't I ask you to rest?" Jungkook asked, his voice firm.

"I was getting bored so I tried walking but apparently my legs won't work, and my right hand is paining too." Jungkook sighed and helped y/n to take a seat on the couch and opened the door. It was the familiar person he called for.