• t w e l v e •

WHILE SCOTT, JEAN AND STORM WERE WITH THE YOUNGER STUDENTS GOING THROUGH THE MUSEUM, GRACE WAS DOWN AT THE FOOD COURT WITH JOHN, BOBBY, ROGUE, KIT AND JUBILEE

The six teenagers all had drinks in front of them. A glowing light swirled in front of John's face, which was fire from his shark lighter. He manipulated it between his fingers. Grace was transfixed, while Bobby was nervous. John manipulated the fire with ease, he created a series of marbles that effortlessly flowed between his fingers.

Grace nudged John to stop as two guys, a year or two older than the group, walked over to the table. "You mind if I use your light for a minute?" One of the guys asked John.

"No, I don't think so." John shook his head, lifting the lighter up in his hand.

"My brother asked you a simple question." The other guys stepped closer to the table. "Why are you being such a dick?"

"Because I can." John smugly told them as Grace laughed quietly.

"Can I have a light?" The first guy asked again.

"Hm." John thought for a moment, looking at his lighter, opening it and closing it. "Sorry, I can't help you out, pal."

The two guys scoffed as Grace turned to John. "Hey, knock it off."

"Why don't you stop showing off?" Bobby asked him.

"For her?" John glanced at Rogue for a second and then back to Bobby. "I can't help if your girlfriend's getting excited."

"John, I don't think she's getting excited." Kit interjected, watching as one of the guys tried to look down Rogues shirt.

While John was distracted, one of the guys grabbed his lighter out of his hand. "Hey!" John shouted, standing up. The second guy got in John's way, as the other one lit his cigarette. "That's real cute, man."

"What are you going to do?" As one of the guys bumped into John, the other blew the smoke of his cigarette into John's face. "Suddenly, you're not so tough."

John's eyes narrowed and he winked. The flame of the cigarette travelled as fast as lightning, incinerating the cigarette and setting the guy's jacket on fire. He screamed, furiously trying to pat it out. His friend panicked.

John laughed as Bobby reached his hand and sent a stream of frost towards the guy on fire. Immediately, the fire froze and dropped off. The two teenagers stared at the six young mutants, terrified.

Before anyone could say anything, everyone around the mutants froze in place. The six of them walked over to the closest frozen person to them and started to poke or shake them and nothing happened. "John, you are such a prick." Kit argued.

"Bobby, what did you do?" Grace asked him, as she watched John pick up his lighter.

"I didn't do this."