• t w e n t y s e v e n •

GRACE AND SHIRO RUSHED INTO THE MOTEL ROOM AS JOHN FINISHED UP PACKING HIS BAG AND REMY SAT ON THE COUCH, LOOKING AT HIMSELF IN THE MIRROR.

"Shiro found where we're going!" Grace exclaimed as she placed the envelope on the bed. "Georgia!"

"Are they -" John looked between Remy and Shiro, and then back to Grace. "Are they coming with us?"

Grace walked over and slapped Remy on the leg. "What you say, Rem?" He jumped up. "Road trip?"

"Oh, Cherie, I will have to check the diary." He stood up, looking at Shiro, who nodded his head. "Gambit is a very busy man."

"We're in." Shiro leaned across to Grace. "Let's go, babe." He grabbed Remy's hand, pulling him towards the door. "We'll get our bags."

As they left, Grace walked over to the bed, putting Logan's jacket on her. John had grabbed his bag, ready to leave. She placed her hand on his arm, and he looked at her wide-eyed. "Are we okay?"

"Yeah." He nervously said. "Why wouldn't we be?"

"I don't know." She laughed awkwardly. "Just with what happened last night. I don't want things to be uncomfortable."

"I'm not uncomfortable, Gracie." John smiled at her. "Believe me, if I was uncomfortable, then I wouldn't be thinking about you all the goddamn time."

Grace blushed as John closed the distance between them. "What?"

"Since the day we met, you've never left my mind." He placed his hand on her cheek. "Gracie, I-"

"Excusez-moi, Chérie, mon ami." Remy interrupted, and Grace and John quickly stepped back from one another. "I don't mean to rush, but we must hurry."

"Yeah." Grace nodded her head. "We're right behind you."

***

Grace had been driving the jeep for a number of hours, finally crossing the border into the state of Georgia. Remy had fallen asleep while Shiro was working on his laptop, trying to see if he could get an exact location. Grace glanced at John, who was hooking up his wrist flamethrower. He felt her watching and raised an eyebrow at her. "What, expecting trouble?"

"Just wanted to be, you know, careful." John strapped it tightly around his wrist.

"I hope you had that same thought last night, mon ami." Remy muttered from the back as he woke.

Both John and Grace's faces turned bright red. "Rem." Shiro warned him.

"What, I am just pointing out that the world is ending, and bringing a small mutant child into said world would perhaps not be the most intelligent thing." Remy pushed down the sunglasses he was wearing to the bridge of his nose.