• t w e n t y f o u r •

STORM AND HANK STOOD AT ENTRANCE OF THE MANSION, WELCOMING THE STUDENTS BACK FROM AN IMPROMPTU HOLIDAY

STORM AND HANK STOOD AT ENTRANCE OF THE MANSION, WELCOMING THE STUDENTS BACK FROM AN IMPROMPTU HOLIDAY. LEECH RAN UP TO STORM, HUGGING HER.

"It's good to be back." Hank claimed, smiling at all the children.

"We're happy to have you back, Hank." Storm told him as she side hugged him.

"It'll take some getting used to, but there's no place like home." Hank laughed.

***

Out in the gardens, Grace stood in front of Scott's grave. She read over it a hundred times;

SCOTT MATTHEW SUMMERS

'CYCLOPS'

Teacher - Friend - Hero

He fought for us

Grace placed a bunch of red Primroses on the grave. She placed her hand on the headstone, as a tear fell down her cheek.

"Hey, kid." Logan's voice knocked her out of her sadness. He dropped his bag on the ground and put an arm around her shoulder, comforting her.

"Hey." She looked up at him, and then back to the grave. "I just can't believe he's really gone." Grace wiped her eyes, and leaned against Logan.

"I know. But, he'll always be with us." Logan looked across at Xavier's grave, and then Jean's grave. "They all will."

"You runnin' again?" She asked.

"Yeah." He sighed as Grace left the embrace. Unlike the other times he's left, Grace seemed happy. "You seem happy, kid."

"I am." She nodded her head. She watched as Warren walked out of the mansion, making his way down to the gardens. "I didn't ever think anywhere would feel like home again, but this is it."

Logan placed his palm into hers, giving her his dog tag once again. "I'll be back. I pinky promise." He pulled her into a hug. "Take care of yourself, kid."

"You too, Logan." Grace watched as Logan grabbed his bag, making his way out of the gardens.

"Hey, Grace!" She turned around to see Warren a few feet away from her. "Storm is letting us go out to the mall for a couple of hours. You in?"

She watched as the rest of her friends, Bobby, Rogue, Kurt, Kit, Jubilee and Piotr appeared behind him. "Sure." She smiled over at Warren. "I'll catch up." Warren nodded and turned to follow the others to the garage.

Grace dug into her pockets and pulled out the photo of Scott and Alex. She smiled down at it and then placed it at the bottom of the headstone.

BAMF! Kurt appeared, scaring Grace. "Jesus Christ, Kurt!" She clutched her chest. "You nearly gave me a heart attack."

"I am very sorry." Kurt apologised. "I just thought you would want to get to the cars faster. Gun shot and all."

Grace laughed. "Shotgun, Kurt, shotgun. ." She slightly pushed Kurt. "Let's go."

Kurt grabbed a hold of Grace and BAMF! They disappeared.

***

In Central Park, several chess tables had been set up, where the coffee clutches of old men sat around every morning. At one table, a sad old man sat by himself. Erik Lensherr. As though longing for the old days, he reached out to a pawn, not quite touching it.

And, just a little but, it moved.