• t w e n t y e i g h t •

THE NEXT MORNING, THE FIVE MUTANTS WERE PACKING UP THE JEEP, GETTING READY TO HEAD OUT

Peter walked over to Grace, handing her a piece of paper. She looked down at the paper and it was coordinates. "Anything goes wrong, get to this place. I built it a couple of years ago, like a storm shelter."

"Nothing is going to go wrong, right?" She asked, putting the paper into her back pocket.

"Passcode is the year the Calgary Flames won the Stanley Cup." He winked at her.

They all got into the jeep, this time John sat in the back beside Remy and Shiro. "Peter, how do you know so much about Hammer Industries?" Shiro asked him as Grace started to pull off from the house.

"I worked there on and off for a couple of years." He turned around, so he could speak to Shiro. "Before I knew they were against mutants, or doing anything dodgy."

"And monsieur, are you sure going in broad daylight is the smartest idea?" Remy turned to look out the window, while putting his sunglasses on.

"Yes, it's a Sunday." Peter laughed as he watched Remy admire himself in the window. "Place doesn't open on Sundays." He sighed. "We get in, grab the documents we need and then leave. We drive to DC and show the government."

"That easy?" Grace asked, raising her eyebrow.

"That easy." Peter repeated.

***

Just like they had pulled up away from Peter's house, Grace pulled up away from the Hammer Compound.

They all walked up to the fence, at the back of the building. Grace turned some of the fence into liquid. Peter looked at her, with a proud smile. He followed them as they walked through the fence.

"Okay, we'll split up." Peter told them. "I'll go in, Gracie, you take the east wing, John, west and Remy and Shiro, stay out here."

"No." Grace shook her head. "I'm going in with you." Before Peter could answer, Grace frowned at him. "I'm only after getting you back, I'm not letting you out of my sight."

"She's stubborn." Remy pointed out. "I wouldn't fight on it."

"Fine." Peter agreed. "You and me, John stays where he is and Remy can take your place."

***

Grace and Peter walked together towards the front of the building, turning to look around every two seconds. Grace had manipulated two daggers in her hands, in case trouble came looking for them.