Chapter 9

Philippines...

So, this is Philippines.

I immediately covered my nose when the air breeze slammed against my face. The air pollution is terrible, like for real.

And now I wonder why my friends a fond of coming here every now and then.

"Welcome to the Philippines, Atty. Calvry." Clementine's men bowed their head as they greet me.

Bahagya ko lang silang tinanguan saka pumasok sa loob ng sasakyan na pinadala ni Clems sa akin, it's the limited edition tesla. I told her that I don't want to be known here since I won't be staying here for a long time but clearly she didn't listen at all.

When did she listen to us, anyway. I mentally rolled my eyes.

Sighing, I drove away leaving all of her men behind. Alam kong inutusan na naman ni Beau ang mga yun na bantayan ako dito, when in fact I can take care of myself.

It's my first time here in the Philippines. Clementine asked me a favor to go here, dahil nagka-problema yung isang kompanya niya dito at ako lamang ang pinagkakatiwalaan nitong Attorney.

Yes, I am Atty. Yllezabeth Freirain Calvry the only one atty. of Clementine Xeen Cromwell, Cleofel Beau Griffin, Mallory Alora Kim and Jerick Ray Bourbon.

At the age of 22, I passed the bar exam in Italy, therefore, I'm the youngest attorney in Asia who passed the bar exam.

Papunta ako ngayon sa condo ni Mallory dito, I heard that she decided to stay here for awhile because apparently the mandu fell inlove. Bago pa lang din siya dito sa Pilipinas pero na-inlove na agad ito sa studyante niya.

A forbidden relationship may I add. But, hey, seems like my circle of friends loves breaking the rules.

I wonder who's the lucky guy who piqued the interest of my friend. Knowing Mallory she's a little picky when it comes to men.

Looking at the google map over my phone, I took a u-turn to prevent the traffic and then after a while I turned left. I drive slowly as I already saw building of Mallory's condominium.

"Frei, oh my gosh!" Mallory instantly enveloped me into a tight hug. "Clems didn't told me that today was your arrival, I should've fetched you in the airport."

"Baka nakalimutan niya." tawa ko at kumalas na ng yakap sa kanya. "Saka may pinahatid naman siyang sasakyan sa airport, andun din mga tauhan niya." paliwanag ko.

Tumango si Mallory saka ako hinila papasok sa loob ng condo niya bago isinarado ang pintuan.

"Welcome to my humble abode." she slighty spread her arms.

I looked around her unit and saw that it's just minimal and it has a second floor.

Wala siya masyadong kagamitan pero may mga naglalakihan picture frame na nakasabit sa dingding at mga painting na alam kong galing pang ibang bansa ang iba.

The condo is a little too big for her, actually. Especially, when she's the only one who's living here but since I'm here, I'll be staying with her for a while until I'm done with my work here.

"Come, I'll show you to your room." hinila ako nito paakyat sa hagdanan at nakita ko agad na may tatlong kwarto, magkadikit ang dalawa habang ang isa ay kaharap ng dalawa.

"The condo is too big for you to live alone here, Mall." ani ko habang sinusundan siya.

"I know, but it was Clementine who bought this place. Her reason was, whenever my parents or you guys decided to go here, you'll have a place to stay."