Chapter 11

I was just eating my avocado salad earlier in Mallory's condo, but right now I'm here in Bliss Academy. I don't know what came over me, it's like my body has its own mind.

"So, why are you here?" Anastacia asked, while she's busy writing on a paper.

"Uh. Because I miss you?" I bit my lower lip and looked away.

"Are you sure you're a lawyer? Because you sure don't know how to lie." she chuckles.

"Hey, I'm a lawyer and that is why I must not lie."

"And yet you're lying to me, right now." she rebutted, rolling her eyes. "And please don't me, most of the lawyers I know were a big fat liars."

She has a point though, most of the lawyers are a liar, in order for them to win the case even if the defendant is guilty.

"So, why are you really here?" this time she looks at me intently.

I bit the inside of my cheeks before looking away from her. "I wanna talk to Prof. Hsu." I responds.

Ever since we met, I couldn't stop myself from thinking of her.

"You seem so curious of her." may nahihimigan naman ako sa boses nito. "I just want to remind you Frei, that you are a lawyer, alagad ka ng batas whatever you are think—."

Agad akong napatingin sa kanya. "My profession has nothing t—" sabat ko.

"Uh-please, this is the first time that I saw you so interested with someone, and to remind you, Professor Hsu is married."

"Yeah, she is, I'm well aware of that."

"Back off, Frei. Don't be a homewrecker."

Homewrecker agad?

Inirapan ko ito. "Chill out, Anastacia. I just want to be her friend, especially to her daughter."

Friend. That's all.

"Really? Just a friend and nothing more?"

I vigorously nodded. "I swear." I responds.

Akmang magsasalita ulit si Anastacia ng may kumatok sa opisina nito.

"Come in."

Pagkabukas ng pintuan ay batang babae agad ang unang pumasok. Napangiti ako ng makilala ito saka bahagyang kinawayan siya.

"Hello, Einna. We met again."

Einna cheerfully run towards me as she engulfed me into a tight hug. "Hello, Ate Frei! I miss you, po."

"Awe. I miss you, too, little lady."

"Ehem." naputol ang yakapan namin ng tumikhim ang kasama nitong lalaki. "Hello, Atty. Calvry."

Papansin amp.

I faked a smile. "Hello, Mr. Hsu."

"Uh. Anastacia, can I leave Vereinna here? Aneira said that I can just leave her here with you?" tumingin si Mr. Hsu sa gawi ni Anastacia na tumayo ngayon.

"Of course, Lincoln. I'll take care of her while Aneira still teaching."

"Thank you so much." pasalamat ni Mr. Hsu, saka lumuhod para mapantayan ang taas ng anak nito. "Daddy will see you at home later, okay? You behave here."

"Okay, Daddy. Take care po, I love you." Einna said sweetly before kissing her dad's cheek.

I look quickly away as I saw them being sweet to each other. I suddenly remember my dad.

"Anastacia, I've changed my mind, I have an important business to attend pala, I gotta go. Bye." paalam ko habang hindi na hinintay ang sagot nito. Mabuti nalang at nag-uusap pa ang mag-ama kaya hindi nila ako namalayan na lumabas ng opisina.