Chapter 19 - Chaos Ensues

"Gonna go to the museum to see if Saunders knows anything about the helmet!" To her surprise, no one reacted when Sky announced that fact. Everyone was too caught up in their phones and- wait, is Kai reading a book?

Sky brushed it off and just went to the garage for a vehicle.
She could fly there herself, but honestly riding a motorcycle was a lot more fun time-to-time.

"Hey hey, Doctor Saunders! I have a few questions!" Sky shouted entering the museum. "Did your brother tell you I said hi?!"She didn't have to wait, as the man appeared before her. "I am afraid I do not have a brother." He laughed.
"Bullshit. I'm pretty sure I kicked his bith ass at the old monastery yesterday." Sky raised a brow, unamused.
"Who you callin' a bitch?!?" A rather annoying, black haired man ran angrily into the room. "
"Ooohhh! Speaking about the devil! What, you want to show your older twin how you got your ass kicked?!" Sky asked in a mocking tone, leaning forward confidently.

Acronix's eye twitched in anger, and he lunged forwards, trying to attack Sky with the time blade. She dodged and kicked him in the stomach. He tried slashing the blade at her, but she avoided his attack and countered with a punch.

Krux was watching those two bozos not believing a single thing that happened. A girl literally walked into his museum, asked for his brother, a brother that no one was supposed to know about, and was now actively throwing hits at him. And she was good.

Suddenly someone entered the room. He lifted his gaze from the two fighters, only to see a ninja. He wanted to get him out of there somehow. Maybe he could even uphold his facade of being a kind historian. Before, however, he could use his quirky doctor voice, the girl spoke up. "Sauders is Krux! That second time twin!" Sky shouted to Kai, who immediately attacked said person, messing up his disguise. "Grab the helmet and we're outta here!" Sky ordered.

-

"I wanted to ask about the helmet. There's a weird symbol on it, and I can't figure out what it is." The red ninja explained on the way back.

Sky took the said piece of armor from him, put the sonic raider on autopilot and took a look at the helmet. There was a symbol. It was a hammer and anvil in a little fire-like shape."Yep, looks like some kind of blacksmith, associated with fire made this." The girl said, using her 'scientist tone' of faking just finding out about something, she was training all this time and then went back to driving.

Kai wanted to say something but was interrupted by a messenger notification. He fished the source of sound from his pocket and opened the app. It was a message from a group named Fruit Ninjas. "Uh, Lloyd just texted. He says that the cell tower is gone? How could that even happen?" Sky just shrugged.

Suddenly she pressed the brake pedal. Screeching of tires could be heard probably three blocks away, and the sudden yank almost sent them both flying onto the windscreen.

"Fuck! She just jumped out onto the road!" She unbuckled her seatbelt and jumped out of the vehicle. "Are you okay?!" The person she almost ran over had raven black hair and a familiar face. "No, uh thanks. I'm alright." Sky had already heard that voice somewhere... She didn't, however, have the opportunity to ask, because the mysterious girl ran away. It was... weird. To say the least. Sky couldn't think straight. She was so intrigued by this person on the street. The black messy hair, the colour of one of her heterochromic eyes, her sense of fashion, everything seemed so familiar, but yet so foreign.

"Hey, are you going?" Cole's voice snapped her back to reality. Sky started looking around, wondering why they were in the Megamonster amusement park. Oh, wait- Lloyd texted them about the Vermilion warriors stealing metal from the city and they agreed to follow some of them. And now the whole team is here, in the amusement park, trying to stop the snakes.

She got out of the vehicle she was in and followed the rest to the group of Vermilion warriors that were currently ripping off parts of the rollercoaster.

The whole squad ran up to the bad guys and started throwing punches. However before the fight could really start, a wave of temporal energy washed over everyone, slowing them down in time for a few seconds.
Right after that, the whole division of snakes suddenly left.
"That was the next time blade!" Kai shouted and started running towards the ninjas' cars. The rest of the team followed right after.

Thanks to Zanes' temporal scanner, ninja found out that the location of it was on the sea of sands.

After arriving at the desert and accidentally trashing most of their vehicles, ninja saw the time blade in hands of the vermilion warriors and... some girl...

Sky recognized her right away. After all, she almost ran her over almost three hours ago. Her unforgettable heterochromic eyes looking confidently into Sky's own.

-

In reality she was scared. Theoretically she was supposed to be the best fighter in Krux's army, being taught how to fight since she was old enough to walk. But in reality she only fought two opponents at a time max. And now she was ordering a whole division of fighters! How was she supposed to know what decisions to make- She took a deep breath to calm down. Never let your opponent know you're scared. Her fa- Krux's words resonated in her head, as she smiled dangerously and took a few steps forward in a challenging gesture.

"Don't worry, I got this. You focus on getting the blade." Sky said carelessly, accepting the invitation to fight in the form of stepping towards the other girl. "I'm Sky. Nice to fight with you." The girls started circling each other, waiting for others' move. "Livinia." the other girl introduced herself. "It will be a pleasure to kick your ass." She didn't give Sky time to react as she lunged herself forward aiming her fist at the girl's face. Sky responded with a kick to the stomach.

Meanwhile Lloyd was slowly creeping up to Blunk and Raggmunk, who were so entranced in the fight, they forgot they had the time blade in their hands, trying to quietly steal it.

After another punch in the guts and a flying kick, Livinia started backing up to gain distance. She got one, the last ace up her sleeve. Although she wasn't really sure about using power she couldn't really fully control.

Sky never took into account that it could ever happen. She thought it was impossible. Yet there she was, standing in front of her opponent, unable to move. At first she thought it was some kind of poison, or the time blade. But then she identified the problem. It wasn't anything exterior. It was her own blood refusing to move with her. She was being bloodbent.

-

Her brain worked faster than ever before. If she was being bloodbent that means her opponent was using water powers, and that meant-No...It was impossible. Right...?
"You- I know you." Sky whispered. She wanted to step towards the girl, but her leg refused to move. Right.

She focused on her own blood and took control of it herself. Sky stepped forward, to "Livinia"s' utter confusion and horror. "Darling bloodbending doesn't work on me." Sky decided to go with a voice as nonchalantly dramatic as she could muster. "And I think you got your name wrong, Nya."

Now to Sky's confusion, the other girl was absolutely dumbfounded. Almost like she didn't have any idea what the other was talking about.

From that bewilderment pulled them out?? Lloyd's words. "I got the blade!" Sky looked around and saw the rest of the ninja (and Jay. When did he get here?) fighting off vermilion warrior forces and Lloyd ready to run away with the time blade.That's when she made a decision. A foolish and stupid one, maybe. But she needed answers. And only answers mattered at that moment.

She pulled duct tape out of FSM knows where and jumped at Livinia, who, not having any time to react, got tied up by Sky and thrown over her shoulder.

-

Seven people flying in one sonic jet may have been a health hazard, but there was no other way out of the situation. Every vehicle beside it was completely useless without an intervention from a super-fast mechanic.

Huge thanks to @junemaybell for sticking around for every update of this fic. It means a lot to me <3