A WHOLESOME NIGHT

Lexi's POV ~

Today was such an exhausting day. I could really have a drink. But I don't wanna get out of bed. My legs are killing me. I-

-----------------------

Lexi's chain of thoughts is broken by her phone ringing.
She sees the caller id - It was Andrew.

On video call ~

Both of them give a wide smile looking at each other as if just the mere sight of the  other person cured their day's tiredness.

Andrew: Yo Lexi what's poppin'?

Lexi: Hey.

Andrew ( Rather concerned ): What happened? You look super tired. Are you okay? You aren't yourself Lexi.

Lexi: Whoa calm down Andrew. It's just been a really rough day. I need a drink then I think I'll be fine. But I'm too lazy to go get myself one.

Andrew: You want a drink? I'll get it for you right now.

Lexi: Wait are you for real rn? It's late in the night Andrew who's gonna keep their shops open thinking 'Oh Andrew's gonna come to grab a drink we should close late'.

Andrew: Lexi you don't know the kinda effect I have on people. You don't worry about how I get the drink you just enjoy it when it gets there.

Lexi: Uh- okay but it's late Andrew so stay safe okay? Drive slow.

Andrew: Don't worry about me Lexi. I'll get there before you even know it. I'll see you then.

----------------------

Andrew quickly grabs his car keys, wallet and phone and heads out of his house.

Without a thought, he drives straight to taco bell to get Lexi her favourite drink.
Lucky for him, it was still open.

He grabs the drink and heads towards Lexi's house to deliver the drink to her.

Andrew calls Lexi up to let her know he's reached her house because being the thoughtful Andrew he is, he didn't want to disturb her parents' sleep.

Lexi opened the door and invited him to her room.

They sat on Lexi's bed and talked about stuff related to them, they gossiped, they ranted and talked absolutely nonsense because both knew that they could share anything with each other without being judged. They were each other's comfort people.

Without realising, they both sit close to each other with their backs touching the head rest. Slowly Lexi rests her head onto Andrew's shoulder, glancing up at him in between while talking to him. She felt a sense of safety and comfort when she did that. But it was not just that. It was something more. An undiscovered feeling. Something special.

A gut feeling that Andrew was something more than a 'best friend' maybe?

--------------------

Lexi: Btw thank you for the drink, Andrew. You don't know how much of a favour you have done to me. Also, you brought a Baja Blast. You remembered that this is my favourite drink :)

Andrew: Lexi I've grown up with you. We've been best friends for the past 7 years now. It's been long enough for us both to understand each other well, to remember each other's likes and dislikes. In fact anyone can remember things about the other person after being with them for such a long time, right?

But no, he lied. He remembered the things related to Lexi clearly only because he did not give a damn about anyone else. He knew this, deep down in his heart. But he was always afraid that he would end up hurting Lexi if he ever expressed his feelings for her. She is whom he cared for the most. She is whom he has always cared for the most. His love, his life, his everything, his Lexi.