THE FIRST DATE

The next day, Andrew wakes up earlier than Lexi and finds himself lying in Lexi's tight embrace. He quietly slides out of her arms and freshens up a bit. He takes off his T-shirt and changes into a white tank top. He then heads towards the kitchen and prepares grilled cheese sandwiches for breakfast. He goes back to the bedroom where Lexi was sleeping. Without making a sound, he places the breakfast plates aside and sits on the bed next to her, trying his best not to wake her up. He grabs his phone and scrolls through it. After about an hour and a half, Lexi wakes up and looks around. She sees Andrew sitting next to her checking his phone and hugs his leg. Andrew looks at her and sees her fragile arms wrapped tightly around his leg. He immediately places his phone aside and gently bends down from his resting position to kiss her forehead.

Lexi (with a sleepy smile): Good Morning Andrewww!

Andrew: Good Morning Lex! Were you able to sleep well ? I know that it would have been difficult for you to adjust to the new bed.

Lexi: I slept really well. Generally it's difficult for me to adjust to a new bed but at your house, in your bed, it feels like all of this is mine. I mean I was very tired but me adjusting so quickly could also be because I was in your arms.

Andrew (smiling): Really?

Lexi (smiling): Yeah.

Andrew: How's your foot now? You think you'll be able to walk?

Lexi: Yeah I definitely think so. I can walk. Might pain just a little bit but I'll be fine by evening hopefully.

Andrew: Amen! Also, I've made breakfast in bed for you! My speciality, grilled cheese sandwich.

He grabs one plate and hands it over to her. She grabs the sandwich and bites into it, relishing it totally.

Lexi (with her mouth full): This is really good. It tastes amazing. Thank you Andrew!

Andrew: Anything for you, love.
Umm I also wanted to talk to you about something.

Lexi (gulping down the food): Is it serious?

Andrew: No it's just something that I wanted to share with you.

Lexi: Yeah?

Andrew: You can be completely open with my mom. Don't worry she's only seen you in pictures but still loves you with all her heart.

Lexi: Andrew, don't get me wrong but I'm not ready just yet to share with my loved ones that I have cancer. They're gonna be worried all the time and you do know that I'd hate to trouble them right?

Andrew: Mhm.

Lexi: Although I did tell Danny because he kinda knew.

Andrew: Yeah you can trust Danny.
So umm mom told me that she wants to meet you soon. I wanna take you to Texas soon so that you can meet my family.

Lexi: Really? You'll take me to Texas? I'm so exciteddd!

Andrew: Yeah my mom's birthday is coming up soon and I'm going to visit her. I didn't tell her that you're coming too because I want it to be a surprise. But I'm pretty sure she already knows that you're coming along. She mentioned it twice in a conversation we had two days ago.

Lexi (smiling): Mom's gut feeling is never wrong!

Andrew (smiling): That sure is true! Anyway, quickly freshen up and get changed into the clothes I've kept on the bed.

Lexi: Huh?

Andrew: Well I was thinking that maybe we could go out for lunch. Maybe like a date.