CONCERN

Lexi had been in bed the whole day. Her gut feeling was right. She couldn't do anything by herself. She needed Andrew for everything and now he wasn't even talking to her. She didn't take her medications and so was extremely mentally as well as physically exhausted. She couldn't even get up to make herself any meals. She was tired of constantly being dependent on someone for anything and everything. She knew she couldn't perform the simplest tasks alone without anyone helping her and that this was going to continue for a long time. She felt like a burden. So, she had decided to take the harsh step of not eating and not taking care of herself so that her suffering might end once and for all.

——————————

📍 Andrew's house

Although Andrew was physically with his family in Texas, his mind was stuck in California wondering what Lexi would be doing. Whatever Lexi said over the phone made him feel really bad. He wanted to call her up and ask her how she was but he was afraid that he might end up hurting her even more.
So at night, he decides to call Dom.

On call~

Andrew: Hello Dom?

Dom: Hey Andrew! What's up bro?

Andrew: Um I'm in Texas right now for my mom's birthday. So I needed a small favour from you.

Dom: Okay. Go ahead and tell me.

Andrew: Actually Lexi is not keeping well and I'm not able to make out over the phone if she's okay or not. So is it possible for you to go to her house and check on her?

Dom: Is it urgent or can I go tomorrow?

Andrew: Tomorrow will do.

Dom: Okay man. I'll do that.

Andrew: Just make sure to not tell her that I told you to check on her. If she asks you why you visited all of a sudden, tell her that you've come to shoot with her for your video. Don't let her know that you've talked to me and you know that I'm away.

Dom: Oh, um okay done.

Andrew: Ask her if she's taken her medicines.

Dom: Sure man don't worry.

Andrew: Thanks so much for doing this. I'll call you up tomorrow evening so that you can tell me how she is.

Dom: Definitely. Bye.

Andrew: Bye.

📍 Lexi's house

At night, Lexi sat up straight on the bed and rested her head on the headrest and stared at the ceiling for a while. She grabbed a glass of water and drank it. The water was the only thing that she had had that day. She laid down flat on the bed and tried to sleep but everytime she fell asleep, she woke up sweating profusely which is one of the side effects of blood cancer and its treatment. This continued for the whole night until she was finally able to doze off at 4.30 in the morning.

——————————————

The next day, Dom reaches at Lexi's doorstep at about 1 in the afternoon. He rings the doorbell and waits for Lexi to open it.