LIES AND FIGHTS

Andrew felt his heart beating fast as he heard Lexi's voice after so many days. The voice that his ears had been craving to hear was finally heard by him. Her voice was like music to his ears. He could hear her speak all day.

Andrew (about to cry): How are you feeling now Lexi?

Lexi: I'm okay. But I miss you.

Andrew: I miss you too Lexi.

Lexi: I'm sorry about what I said to Yael that day. I was upset.

Andrew: Don't say sorry baby. I totally understand that. I should be the one to say sorry. Not you. It was my fault. I didn't call you all this time because I thought that everything would just go wrong if I tried to sort things out over the phone. Can you please forgive me?

Lexi: Of course I can forgive you Andrew. I love you.

Andrew: I love you too Lex.

Lexi: I heard from Brent that there's a snowstorm in Texas due to which you can't make it back any sooner. How's the weather now?

Andrew (fumbling): Uhm- yeah. The weather's still bad. Flights have just been getting either delayed or cancelled since yesterday. I'll try to reach there on my original return date.

Lexi (disappointed): Okay.
Anyway, I want to see you. Can you switch to video call please?

Andrew wanted to see her too. But he didn't want to have a breakdown looking at her state in front of her as he knew that she would feel bad.

Andrew: No Lex. I'm sorry. I'm out right now.

Lexi: Out? Where are you?

Andrew: I- uh I'm at the mall with Mama. We have come to shop.

Lexi: At the mall? Andrew, there's a snowstorm in Texas right? So why are you shopping at the mall?

One lie led to another.

Andrew: Um actually all the local stores have been shut due to the storm. We ran out of some food supplies so I drove my mom to the mall because that was the only place that was open and had groceries.

Lexi: Okay. Don't go out much though. Be safe.
Does Mama know about my cancer?

Andrew: No. Do you want me to let her know though?

Lexi: Everyone here knows now. Just don't tell my parents. They can't know. They'll be devastated.

Andrew: Okay. Also I won't be able to talk to you for the next few days.

Lexi: Why?

Andrew: Because they're going to cut the network in our area due to the storm. There is a chance for a short-circuit to occur if the network line gets damaged.

Lexi: So there's no way that I can talk to you?

Andrew: I'm afraid not. But don't worry, I'll come back soon. Then we can talk all day long.

Lexi (innocently): Promise?

Andrew: Promise.
Okay Lex. Now you take some rest. I'll see what I can do to come to you as soon as possible.

Lexi: Mhm.

Andrew: Take care mi Amor (my love).

Lexi: Yeah. Bye.

After the call ends, Pierson takes the phone from Lexi and talks to her for a while so that she doesn't feel sad about Andrew's absence.

———————————————