THE MIDNIGHT GETAWAY

Brent and Pierson get on stage and all four of them have a group hug. It was such a happy moment for all of them that it almost felt like a dream.

Brent: Andrew, I'll agree to give my sister's hand in marriage to you only if you agree to my conditions.

Andrew: Mhm go ahead.

Brent: She must stay happy always. Not a single tear should drop from her eyes. I never want to see my sister sad or upset ever.

Andrew: Brent, I'm sorry but I cannot agree to that.

Silence falls in the room and no one dares to utter a single word. Breaking the silence, Andrew continues.

Andrew: I cannot give you the guarantee that she might never cry or we won't fight ever but I can promise you one thing. I won't leave her side no matter what. She may cry her heart out, but beside her I'll be there comforting her and giving her lots of forehead kisses. I'll love her till death.

Brent really likes Andrew's mature answer. He grabs Lexi's hand with one hand and Andrew's hand with his other. Placing Lexi's hand in Andrew's, he makes an announcement.

Brent: I'm happily giving you my sister's hand in marriage, Andrew. She's yours, yours to keep and love.

Andrew: She's not mine, I'm hers. I surrender myself to her. Completely. My house, my family, my money and myself, and all that belongs to me is not mine anymore. It's ours, Lexi. We're a team from now on.

The party wraps up and now only the friend group remained at the venue.

Holding hands, Landrew walk out along with the rest of the squad.

Lexi: So that's why you had arranged this party? To propose to me? 🥹

Andrew: I did initially want to arrange this party for Brierson, but then I thought that why not propose to you too on the same day since it's so special for all of us.

Lexi: You could have proposed to me on their wedding day too. That too is a special day right?

Andrew: It is their day. I didn't want to steal their limelight. They are going to be the star couple then. This was a party arranged by me and you so I thought that we could make today even more special for them by making us official. I know how much you mean to both of them and I wanted to make everyone happy.

Lexi: How on Earth did I find such a sweet man like you? God, am I dreaming?

They both laugh.

Lexi: Now I get it! That's why you invited all parents, didn't you? And that's why you're the only one wearing a white shirt and khaki pants even though the colour scheme is black! You know I like when you wear that combo! Andrew, you're so smart!

Lexi looks at him with love. Both just submerge themselves in each other's eyes.
Just then, Lexi stumbles upon a stone that made her lose balance and broke the heel that the stone had come under. She tripped but luckily, Andrew had tightened his grip on her hand and quickly pulled her into his arms. Her ankle had twisted and she couldn't help but shout in pain.

Lexi: Oww my ankle! It hurts.

Hearing her scream, everyone had turned their attention towards her and crowded around her.

Brent: Lexi are you okay?

Andrew tried to raise Lexi back to her feet but she could barely stand.

Lexi: Andrew I can't stand. My ankle hurts when I put my foot down.

Her eyes fill with tears due to the pain.

While Brent and Jeremy held both of Lexi's hands giving her support to stand, Andrew knelt down and gently took off her heels. He held her heels with his fingers and lifted her off her feet in bridal style. He carried her and placed her and her heels in his car. He opened his car trunk and took out the first aid box. He applied a spray on her ankle and proceeded to wrap her foot with bandage. He gently wiped her tears away and gave her a side hug.

Andrew: Brent, is it okay if I take her to my house today? I'll take care of her. I promise.

Brent: Don't let her walk much, okay?

Andrew: Mhm.

Lexi: It's probably just a sprain, nothing serious. I'm okay.

They all disperse and go back to their respective homes. Andrew too drives away along with his beloved. While they are driving back home, Lexi makes a request to Andrew.

Lexi: Andrew?

Andrew: Yeah love?

Lexi: Can we go on a long drive, pleaseeee?

Andrew: Lex, you're injured. You need to really get some rest. We'll go for a long drive tomorrow morning.

Lexi: Andrew it's just a drive. Please can we go? I'm not the one who's driving anyway. But if you're tired then-

Andrew: I'm not tired. (Exhales deeply) Okay fine. Just this once we can make an exception because we're officially dating rn and as your fiancé, I will obey my love's every word.

Lexi: Yay thank you Andrew!! I love you so so much.

She firmly grabs his upper arm which was on the car gear and rests her head on the well-built arm muscle.
They drive out of town. Suddenly, Lexi exclaims something rather alarmingly.

Lexi: Andrew can you please stop the car?

Andrew quickly makes the car come to a halt.

Andrew: What happened? Are you okay?

Lexi: Andrew look there's an ice cream shop that's open! Can we have ice cream? Andrew please don't say no. Please please pleaseeeee?

Andrew could not get himself to say no to her. He got out of the car and returned to the car with two ice creams.

Andrew: Here Lex. Have both the ice creams. I don't want ice cream now.

Lexi: Have one please! For me?

Andrew smiled at her and they both ate their ice creams, chatting and laughing about the randomest stuff ever. Soon after, they head home late in the night. They reach Andrew's house and quickly get changed. Lexi's throws on Andrew's oversized tee and his shorts that covered her knees.
While Lexi lied down on his bed, Andrew slowly open up the bandage on her leg and started massaging her foot.

Lexi: Andrew what are you doing? Don't touch my feet.

Andrew: Shh. Go to sleep now. The massage will make you feel better.

He placed his blanket on her. 15 minutes into the massage, she starts feeling a little better.

Lexi: Come sleep with me. In the blanket. I feel much better now. Come on.

Andrew ties the bandage back and snuggles with her. He hugged her from behind while she slept with her back comfortably rested on his chest, the only support she could ever need.