THE APPOINTMENT

It's been one day and Andrew feels completely better by now. He hadn't checked his phone since the fight. So when he opens his phone, he sees a ton of missed calls from both Lexi and Danny and voicemails that Lexi had sent to him when he had gone missing. He decides to open the voicemails.

Voicemail 1 ~

Andrew, I'm sorry. I know I talked crap to you but I didn't mean any of it. Wherever you are right now, I really hope you're okay. Please come back Andrew. Don't do anything stupid. Just, Come back please.

Voicemail 2 ~

If not for me, come back for Danny. He can't wait all night for you to come right. He was waiting outside your door for a long time because you had called him over. Andrew I hope you are in a good place. (Murmurs) Oh Mighty Lord, please keep Andrew safe from any danger, amen.

Voicemail 3 ~

Come home and shout at me. Come home and fight with me. Come home and break my heart if you must. Just come home.

——————————-

Andrew feels bad for how he had behaved with Lexi because he didn't know what had happened to her then and had just blamed her, subconsciously in his mind and unconsciously while drunk. He facetimes her to talk his mind out to her.

On call ~

Lexi: Hi !

Andrew: Hi.

Lexi: What's the matter Andrew? Why are you sad? I'm okay.

Andrew: Lexi I don't remember what I said to you in a drunken fit. I hope I didn't hurt you. But I know that you won't even tell me if you're hurt because you hide your pain from me. Don't do that, love. I feel helpless when I don't know what's wrong.

Lexi: Andrew we already cleared our misunderstandings. I'm not upset and I don't want you to be upset either. Now come on, I want you to smile for me. Andrew, smile!

Andrew smiles a little. He kisses his phone where he could see Lexi's forehead.

Lexi: By the way, I was going to call you later in the day to let you know that the doctor had called me after a week for a proper diagnosis of my cancer and I had booked an appointment for today.

Andrew: Okay, can I come along if you don't mind?

Lexi: You don't have to Andrew.

Andrew: Please, I want to.

Lexi: Okay, okay fine you can come along. Pick you up at five?

Andrew: I'll come to pick you up. Don't worry I'll be on time.

—————————————

As discussed, Andrew pulls up into Lexi's driveway 10 mins prior to five. He rings her doorbell and waits for someone to answer. Lexi's dad opens the door.

John: Hey man, here to meet Lexi?

Andrew: Yeah, I told her that I was getting bored at home and she offered to come with me on a drive.