Part 4

"You wanna know why I get up at 6:30? No, it's not because I have a job. Ever since I was born I was awakened at a certain early time for general good health reasons and for the sake of scientific recording and evaluation, pretty standard. Then, when I joined G.U.N I was trained to wake up early as procedure, which wasn't hard considering what I just explained about life on the ship and also the insomnia and literal battles I've fought ever since I first got freed by Robotnik. Then, fast-forward to recently where counseling has taught me as a part of behavioral therapy to wake up early which makes up for the lost days I slept in and rot. And I can't help but laugh and find it all ironic really; even my sleep cycles in my life are on a constant loop of on-track/off-track, chaos/order; such is life, a constant back and force between the two and either way I feel depressed."

"You had quite a lot to say about sleeping, Shadow." the counselor responded, leaning back in his leather chair "It's very clear to me you try to feel in control by connecting coincidences together. Don't worry, It's not a bad thing, it's a part of human nature however it can get out of hand when we over-analyse and thus use it as a bad coping mechanism. Just like when your boyfriend got hurt while you were recklessly smashing up that car, how much guilt do you feel about that?" he asked, pulling up his square glasses.

"I did feel very terrible that night and- wait... BOYFRIEND?!" he flinched with shock when he realized what the counselor had just said, starting to blush in his face.

"Ha ha, forgive me for my mistake." he joked "But, well you do talk about him in that way and that's how you two seem, it poises a good question, do you like Sonic?"

"W-well..." his cheeks going red from blushing "He is kinda cute - He's such a cool, kindhearted guy and yes I feel so great when he's around me but I don't know if I like him that way, or if he would even like me back; I don't think liking guys is our thing, we're not like that."

"You seem conflicted with your feelings, it's important to keep an open mind and take your time to figure them out. You could also talk to him if that would help" the counselor suggested. 

Shadow, sighing "I will see to it."

The counselor leaning forward out of his comfortable position, checking his watch, and trying to focus on it with his rectangle microscope ahh glasses "that seems like all our time today Shadow, good session."

"Alright, doc" Shadow stretched before he left in a flash