Saudi Shade

Leo was as nervous as can be for this athletes' black tie event, emerging from a black Yukon XL, straightening his Black tie gently and fixing his blazer. He can hear the press asking for interviews with Futbol players from around the world. Bellingham, Neymar, Haaland, Suarez, Taylor, almost everyone is there. He tries to pump himself up to chat with reporters and fixes a smile on his face. He walks into frame, and the reporters quickly notice. The cameras flash, reporters ablaze with questions. The first question Leo takes is from an ESPN interviewer. "Leo, what is your team's morale and hopes for this upcoming game with the Saudi team?" She kindly asks. He replies, "We're going to really show the world who we are as the team of the state of Florida, we are proud and strong fighters, Miami will bring this victory home!" This rallying and passionate speech grabs the attention of all the reporters from ESPN, Fox Sports, Univision, and Telemundo. Some of Leo's teammates are whooping and cheering, which makes Leo smile a little. Leo gets more and more comfortable with the cameras and goes to flash his signature taunt, putting his hands next to his ears, as to incite his team and the reporters to get even louder. "Miami's bringing this home? I'm afraid I won't let that happen, Leo." Leo's smile fades away as he slowly turns around. A bigger man walks in his direction, it's none other than Cris. Leo shakily walks up to Cris and extends his arm to shake Cris's hand, which the bigger man strongly squeezes and shakes. Leo's hand is slightly dwarfed, making this exchange uncomfortable. He's slightly pained but doesn't let on and gives Cris direct eye contact, never breaking his gaze. There is a sudden change in energy. Leo now believes this rivalry is just for show, as Cris gives Leo a friendly smile as the handshake ends. "His hands are so strong, and his eyes, they're piercing. But in a way, oddly breathtaking." Thought the younger Argentinean. The two then "face off" for the cameras and reporters, to give a fierce competitive edge to both teams. Cris whispers "The black tie looks good, along with the blazer and black dress shoes." He complimented the way he looked, Leo tried his best to not break character. Had to clear his throat and whispered "You look very nice yourself, the brown leather Oxford shoes and blue suit is a perfect match." Said silently. "Maybe this is an act!" Thought Leo. He walks into the building after Cris to grab some champagne from the black table. Cris continues the illusion of the rivalry, confusing Leo. "Oh well, I guess I'll see him on the field tomorrow! Can't wait to show the world that the Saudis reign supreme in the world!" Leo is confused and mildly distressed by this, until Cris winks at Leo and smiles. "Mixed messages are not fun, I can't tell if he's joking or serious. But he looks absolutely fine tonight." Leo blushes, as he heads for his seat at the table with his team.