second chance

4 months later

As the day of your death sentence drew near, Jihyo and Sana remained steadfast by your side, offering you support and companionship through the daunting process.

They had witnessed the transformation you had undergone in the past few months, recognizing the strides you had made in acknowledging your past actions and seeking redemption.

Jihyo entered your cell, her expression filled with concern as she took a seat beside you.

"Y/N, please reconsider," she implored, her voice laced with urgency. "The judges have seen the progress you've made, and they're willing to reconsider your sentence. You don't have to do this."

You listened to Jihyo's words, her pleas resonating within you as you weighed your options.

Despite the fear that gnawed at your insides, you knew that your decision was not one made lightly.

"Jihyo, I appreciate your concern," you replied, your voice tinged with solemnity. "But I can't change my mind. I need to face the consequences of my actions."

Jihyo's brows furrowed in frustration, her gaze pleading with you to see reason. "But Y/N, you've shown remorse," she argued, desperation creeping into her voice. "You've taken responsibility for what you've done. You don't deserve this."

You shook your head, your resolve unwavering despite Jihyo's protests. "It's not about deserving or not," you explained softly.

"It's about accountability. I need to atone for the lives I've taken, for the pain I've caused. This is the only way I can make things right."

Jihyo's eyes glistened with unshed tears as she reached out to grasp your hand, her grip tight and unwavering.

Then Sana entered the cell, her presence brought a sense of warmth and comfort to the somber atmosphere. She offered you a gentle smile, her eyes reflecting a mixture of concern and determination.

"Y/N, how are you holding up?" Sana asked softly, her voice filled with genuine concern as she took a seat beside you.

You offered Sana a small smile, grateful for her presence. "I'm hanging in there," you replied, your voice tinged with resignation. "Just trying to come to terms with everything."

Sana nodded understandingly, her gaze filled with empathy as she reached out to grasp your hand. "We're here for you, Y/N," she assured you, her voice filled with sincerity. "No matter what happens, we'll stand by your side."

Jihyo interjected, her expression thoughtful as she offered you a lifeline amidst the darkness.

"Y/N, I've been thinking," she began, her voice measured as she met your gaze. "You have the chance to start anew, away from all of this. Sana has offered to take you to Japan, where you can begin a new life."

You hesitated, the prospect of starting over both daunting and enticing. But as you considered Jihyo's offer, you realized that it might be the lifeline you needed to move forward.

Sana chimed in, her voice filled with enthusiasm as she outlined her plans for your fresh start.

"I have a house and a farm in Japan," she explained, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "I can help you learn Japanese and settle into your new life. You won't be alone."

The idea of escaping the turmoil and pain of your past was tempting, and as you weighed your options, you realized that this could be the opportunity you had been waiting for.

After a moment of contemplation, you nodded, your decision made. "I'll do it," you replied, determination coursing through your veins. "I'll go to Japan with you, Sana. Thank you."