our niece?

Daewon's parents rushed over, relief flooding their faces, you and Chaeyoung stepped back to give them space.

The mother enveloped Daewon in a tight hug, tears of gratitude glistening in her eyes.

"Oh, thank you so much for taking care of her!" she exclaimed, her voice trembling with emotion. "We were so worried when we couldn't find her."

You bowed politely, a warm smile gracing your lips. "It was our pleasure. Daewon is such a sweet girl."

Chaeyoung nodded in agreement, her eyes soft as she watched the heartwarming reunion unfold. "She really is. You've raised a wonderful daughter."

Daewon's father approached, his expression a mixture of relief and gratitude.

"Thank you both so much," he said, his voice choked with emotion. "We can't express how grateful we are."

You and Chaeyoung exchanged a glance, touched by the parents' heartfelt gratitude. "It's no trouble at all," you assured them. "We're just glad she's safe."

Daewon, reluctant to leave your side, tugged at her parents' hands, her eyes pleading. "Can we keep in touch with them, Mom? Please?"

Her parents shared a look before turning to you and Chaeyoung, their expressions softening with understanding. "That would be lovely," the mother said, a warm smile gracing her lips. "Thank you for everything."

You exchanged contact information with Daewon's parents, promising to keep in touch.

As Daewon disappeared into the distance with her parents, you and Chaeyoung resumed your stroll through the park.

The soft rustle of leaves and the distant chirping of birds filled the air, creating a tranquil atmosphere around you.

"You looked really natural with her," Chaeyoung remarked, her tone gentle as she glanced at you. "You'd make a great mother, you know."

You smiled at the compliment, a warmth spreading through your chest. "Thanks, Chaeyoung. That means a lot coming from you."

Chaeyoung returned your smile, her eyes softening with genuine affection. "I mean it," she insisted, reaching out to intertwine her fingers with yours. "I can just picture it, us, with a little one of our own, exploring the world together."

The image she painted filled you with a sense of warmth and happiness, the thought of building a family with Chaeyoung by your side bringing a smile to your lips.

"That sounds perfect," you admitted, squeezing her hand affectionately.

Chaeyoung leaned in closer, her voice barely above a whisper. "Maybe someday," she murmured, her gaze filled with hope and longing.

You nodded, your heart swelling with love for the woman beside you. "Someday," you echoed, knowing that whatever the future held, you were ready to face it together.

Time skip

You and Chaeyoung entered your house, the cozy atmosphere enveloped you like a warm embrace.

The soft glow of the lamp illuminated the living room, where you found Jihyo and Sana cuddled up on the couch, engrossed in a movie playing on the TV.

"Well, I didn't quite expect that," you quipped, breaking the silence and causing both Jihyo and Sana to startle, quickly moving away from each other with sheepish smiles.

Jihyo chuckled nervously, running a hand through her hair. "Uh, yeah, just, uh, watching a movie," she stammered, trying to regain her composure.

Sana joined in the laughter, her cheeks tinged with a faint blush. "Yeah, just, you know, movie night," she added, her voice slightly strained.