29. A plan

5th-month pregnancy

Shreya was in her room talking to her baby bump.

She was sitting on the bed with her back touching the headboard of the bed and her hand over her bump "Thank you for saving me from this torture, Rakshit. " She said and made an O face "Oops you must be thinking who is this Rakshit? " She said and giggled a little "It's you, my child. Me and your badi maa named you Rakshit." She said caressing her belly as if she were caressing her child's hair "Since you came into my life, I no longer get assaulted. You are protecting me just like your badi maa. You are my protector, my Rakshit." She said caressing her baby bump "Since you came, my life has become a little peaceful. Only if your father was the man whom I loved." She said and a sudden sadness covered her face.

Her door opened ajar and she saw Ramya closing the door silently. Before Shreya could ask something, Ramya brought out something from the back cover of her phone which made Shreya furrow her brows.

"Here," She said forwarding something making Shreya furrow her brows.

"What..." She couldn't even complete her sentence when she spoke again

"This is one of my friend's numbers whom I contacted again when she came to that political party meet I went with Viren," Ramya said putting the number under her mattress.

"Di.........." She stopped when Ramya held her hand.

"Shreya, your doctor was also at the party. I saw him talking to someone saying that he will be in Paris next week for an international conference." She said lowering her voice.

Shreya furrowed her brows slightly having an idea where this conversation was going "And that same week our father-in-law will be having a very important political rally so mostly guards would be there." Ramya took a deep breath "You can fake severe pain in your stomach that day and we could get out of this house. And I will manage everything later on." Ram told Shreya.

Shreya's heart felt heavy "But this number?"

"She has been my best friend since childhood. And she promised to give you shelter for the time being." Ramya said holding her hand tightly.

"Is it as easy as it seems?" Shreya said not believing how everything could be that easy.

Ramya shook her head as her forehead wrinkled with stress "It's not. The great task is getting you out of the hospital. At least that hospital is in the city so it'd be easy for you to take vehicle and transport safely." She said as she wiped the sweat from her forehead.

"But you?" Shreya said as her heartbeat raised.

Ramya put her hand on Shreya's bump "Just think that I am fulfilling my promise to you."

"No, I can't ........."

"Stop it Shreya." Ramya shouted, "It's not about you and me but our unborn rakshit also." She said with anger in her voice " I don't want him to be like his father." Her voice calmed down and she put her palms on her cheeks "It's for our son. We have to protect him."

And Shreya's eyes moistened with fear.

After a week

It's been a week since Ramya was plotting plans for her safe escape. Ramya never got the courage enough for her to leave this house but it was not the same for Shreya. And she was ready to help her anyhow. Ramya messaged her friend in the code language which they learned in their school.

And soon enough she heard a scream and she smiled. It was a scream of Shreya. Ramya ran to her room where her mother-in-law was already present.

"What happened maa sa?" Ramya said already knowing her answer.