50. Our home

Abhi and Shreya were finalizing their marriage outfit after some trials and fitting as Aashrit was doing the payment.

"You got something for yourself, bulbul." Aashrit asked giving his card to the cashier.

Meera rolled her eyes at him "I wanted to wear something matching with my husband, only if he gets some time from his busy schedule." She said making faces at him and realization went upon Aashrit.

"You didn't buy anything for you?" He asked and Meera didn't speak a word. "Sorry mera bacha. Come, we will go shopping now only." He said holding her face in his palm.

"But Abhi and Shreya." She asked worried.

Aashrit looked back at them "They need some alone time too. Abhi has been so busy these past few days and they must have not met. Also, they will be busy till their wedding." He said walking toward them and Meera nodded.

Once they reached there, Aashrit spoke "Abhi, I have to take your bhabhi for shopping. So why don't you take Shreya on a date?" He said and Shreya looked at them confused.

"Perfect bhai." Abhi exclaimed.

"Drop her at home exactly before 9 p.m. or else Uncle Aunty would be worried," Aashrit instructed him and Abhi nodded.

Soon Shreya was sitting in Abhi's car as he was discussing something with Nirvaan outside. He entered the car  and kissed Shreya's cheeks.

"Let's go." He said

Shreya furrowed her brows at him "Where?"

"Do you want to go somewhere?" he asked and Shreya shook her head. He smiled at her "Then let's go to my apartment Bhai gifted me recently."

"Ok." She said and Abhi looked at her eyes with admiration.

Without saying anything, he held her hand putting it on the gear as he started driving. Shreya looked at his hand holding hers and her heart swelled. These little moments gave her butterflies and hope for a better future. Her thumb caressed the back of his hand and she took a deep breath.

She smiled at him as she spoke "I missed you."

Abhi looked at her with a smile "I haven't slept properly for the past month."

Shreya's eyes widened upon hearing him "Why?" She asked shocked.

"I always missed you. I got the habit of sleeping with you after all." He chuckled "But no worries, we will be together soon and then I will not let you go anywhere and sleep hugging you tightly." He said kissing the back of her hand and Shreya blushed.

Soon, the car stopped and Shreya looked outside to see a tall building. Abhi quickly got out of his seat and opened the door for Shreya. She held his hand and walked out with a smile. They both walked inside greeted by the watchman and entered the elevator. Abhi clicked on the 60th floor.

"It's the highest floor." Shreya looked at him confused.

Abhi smiled at her "Yes it's a gift from Bhai and Bhabhi for our wedding." He said nonchalantly.

"What?"She said shocked "You didn't tell me."

"Yes because I didn't want to tell you but show you." He chuckled as Shreya pouted and the door opened instantly.

They both walked together inside but Abhi stopped her at the entrance as he entered "Wait I am coming." He said as he disappeared somewhere inside leaving her standing there.

Shreya stood there for some minutes and started getting impatient when she saw him coming with a plate in his hand and a glass filled with rice in another she understood what is he trying to do and tears filled her eyes. She has come a long way from being treated as trash to being treated as a queen.

"No crying while entering our new house." Abhi chuckled and caressed her hair as she sniffed and kicked rice-filled glass with her feet.

She put her feet in the plate filled with red liquid(aalta) and looked at Abhi who laid a white colored cloth in front of her. She put her feet over the white cloth and her footprints were left on the white cloth.

"Hold me." She said forwarding her hands to Abhi as he took her in his arms and took her to a sofa nearby.

She got confused and looked at him with furrowed brows "Not here but bathroom. I need to clean my feet." She said but got no answer as Abhi disappeared into a room while she held her feet up to avoid staining the couch or the carpet as she shouted for him "Abhi"

"Coming jaan." He shouted back as she put her back on the couch and closed her eyes.

She abruptly opened her eyes as she felt something touching her feet and saw Abhi sitting down in front of her with her feet in his hand "What are you....."

She got abruptly stopped "Cleaning my soon-to-be wife's feet." He said as he put her feet in a small tub filled with water and lightly rubbed he feet to clean it.

She tried to pull her feet back but his hold was strong "Why are you touching my feet?" She said holding his hand.

Abhi furrowed his brows rubbing her feet to remove any stains "Why can't I?"

"Boys don't touch girls feet." She said huffing as he was not leaving her feet.

"That's new." He said shrugging his shoulders taking the towel from the side and wiping her feet "Because I and every man of our house have always touched Revati's feet during Navratri, also I saw my father and bade papa massaging their wife's feet when they were tired. And my bhai always makes sure to clean Bhabhi's feet when she comes from gardening." He said and now Shreya was confused.

"You are just bluffing." She said not believing him.

Abhi put the towel aside and held her in his arms "I am not meri jaan. And you will witness it soon when you will be joining my family." He said walking towards the kitchen.

Shreya blushed in his arms but soon found herself in the kitchen as he put her on the slab.

"What would my love like to eat?" He said rolling a knife in his hand after he wore an apron.

Shreya giggled hearing him and put her finger on her chin making a thinking face "White sauce pasta." She exclaimed and Abhi bowed down to her as he started working on the process.

Shreya tried to get down from the slab " Let me help." But Abhi quickly stood in front of her stopping her from getting down as she squinted her brows.

"How about you help me with kisses and hugs? It will charge me enough." He said pouting his lips to her and redness spread through her cheeks.

She slightly pushed him back "You are shameless." She said looking at the other side but he didn't move.

"I am waiting for my energy." He said moving a little closer to her.

Shreya looked at his innocent face and closed her eyes as she moved near him placing her lips on his. They both stayed there for a moment still until Abhi pulled her more and Shreya's hand moved to his hair. The kiss was filled with nothing but admiration, safety, and calmness.

Soon, they pulled back and Shreya looked at him "I love you."

"I love you infinity." He said chuckling going back to the stove and stirring the ingredients.

Shreya looked at the man cooking food while grooving to the beat of music and kissing, smooching her now and then. She smiled as he turned with the spatula in his hand and moved his waist to the beat. And she was thankful to God to give her this man. She realized how far she had come in her life from crying every day to just smiling. Her eyes welled up with tears seeing her man who was ready to break all the shackles of her life and make her the happiest woman on earth.

She climbed down from the slab and walked to him, hugged him from back and put her head on his back. Abhi was startled by the sudden touch and tried to turn back

"Don't turn." She said and Abhi stopped "Just stay like that." She said tightening the hug as Abhi held her hand on his stomach "Thank you for everything."

And they both soon lost in their hug.

__________

PLEASE VOTE, SHARE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER.

SPREAD LOVE AND HAPPINESS.