44

Don't forget to vote & comment!

"I deserved a better goodbye."

- Perry Poetry

Nina's POV

"Are you sure you can't stay for another day?" Gabriella asked with a frown on her face, looking at me through the mirror.

I smiled before brushing her hair back into a high ponytail and adding some of her favorite clips, her soon hopping out the chair.

"I'm sorry Gabby, but I can't" I replied with a small smile on my face.

"How was your third day at school?" I then asked her, wanting to change the subject.

"It was alright. I made some new friends!" She exclaimed.

"That's good to hear Gabby! You keep being you. But I promise to visit you when I get back" I replied, her nodding her head.

"Okay, but you have to pinky promise me and you can't break your promise" She stated with a serious expression on her face.

I couldn't help but smile at how serious she was trying to be before I interlocked our pinkies, sealing the promise.

"I never break my promises" I said, the door to the room soon being opened.

"Hey you two. Your ride is here Nina" Alonzo said, who I learned was Carla's boyfriend. He was very kind and treated Gabby as if she were his own daughter.

"Alonzo!" She greeted before rushing over to him, talking about her hair. I then began to get my things with the help of Alonzo before the three of us headed towards the front of the house.

I had been staying here at Carla's place for a few days after our girl's night out. It wasn't until day 3 when Luca came by and I locked myself in a room after telling Carla to not let him know I was still here. I was a bit shocked when I heard Angelo wasn't with him. I was glad to hear that Luca was getting to know Gabby more.

Just the other day, I had talked to my dad to see if my aunt would be fine with me staying with her for a bit. Just to give me time to think about everything while being away. What I wasn't expecting was to see Willow with him.

"Nina!" She exclaimed before practically jumping on me when I made it to them. Even Hailey was with them.

"Shouldn't you be at school?" I asked her.

"It's our spring break" She explained before joining in on the hug, my dad chuckling.

"What are the two of you doing here?" I asked after they pulled away.

"I decided that I wanted to tag along and get a break from everything myself. I can't speak for the pipsqueak over here" Willow muttered out, Hailey rolling her eyes.

"I don't need a reason to tag along" She simply stated before placing a hand on her hip, being sassy as usual. I was glad to see that what happened with Ryan and everything didn't seem to have an affect on her anymore.

"What about your girlfriend?" I asked Willow.

"Dahlia is out of town with her parents! She's fine with it either way" She explained as my dad took the bag I was holding.

Carla then walked in the room and smiled before pulling me into a warm embrace, "You take care of yourself alright? And don't be gone for too long" She said before stepping away.

After saying our goodbyes, we all headed out the house and went to the car. I thanked Alonzo when he put the rest of my things in the trunk before taking his leave.