Chapter 17 : "Just Friends"

About 3 weeks have passed since the incident at the mall happened. Eunji had been avoiding Bang Chan and whilst she was usually around Minho, they never really spoke to each other. During these few weeks, Eunji mostly spent her time getting ready for debut with the other SKZ members. Eunji was nervous but everyone reassured her.

One morning, Eunji was lying in bed. 'I should probably talk to Chan today...' she thought as she pouted and sat up in bed.

Chan was already at the music studio. Eunji, wanting to speak to Chan face to face, had to find someone to drive her there. Everyone was asleep in their rooms until Eunji found Changbin, Han, and Felix in the kitchen.

Eunji walked up to them. "Good morning." she said softly, "Can one of you guys take me to see Chan?" she asked shyly as she played with her fingers.

"Oh sure! Let me get my keys and I'll meet you at the door." Changbin said as he got up and looked for his keys.

"Can we come too?" Felix asked Eunji with pleading eyes.

Eunji smiled at him, grabbed Felix and Han's hands, and walked to the front door. "Of course you can!" she said as they walked.

The three of them were bickering over what their favorite animals were before Changbin finally got back. "Alright, we can go now. Come on." he said as we walked past them and out the door.

They all followed Changbin to his car and they headed for the studio. Changbin was driving, Felix was in the passenger seat, and Han was in the back with Eunji.

"Uhm...Eunji?" Han asked as he put his arm around her shoulders, looking right at her. "What's going on with you and Chan?" he asked.

"Wh-what do you mean..?" she asked as she looked away from him.

Han sighed and held her hand. "Well...you guys haven't been talking for quite a while" he started, "and Chan was telling us that you guys are going through a rough patch."

Felix turned around to look at Eunji. "Yea, I've been meaning to ask you that too. Chan won't tell me what happened between you two." he said.

Eunji nervously looked at the two. "I-It's um....I...uh..." she stuttered, trying to figure out what to say.

Changbin lightly punched Felix's arm. "You guys, give her some space. They'll tell us if and when they want to. Don't force it out of them." he chuckled.

Felix stuck his tongue out at Changbin playfully before looking out the window. "Fineee...I'll leave her aloneeee." he whined.

Han held Eunji closer. "Sorry. I'll stop then." he said before resting his head against hers and closing his eyes.

She smiled as she held onto Han's hand tighter. "Thanks, Changbin..." she said softly.

Changbin gave her a thumbs up as he continued driving, happy to have helped.

~The group arrives at the studio~

Everyone gets to the room that Chan is in. Felix energetically runs into the room. "Guess who's here to see youuuu!!!" he says to Chan before sitting in a rolling chair and spinning around.

Changbin fist bumps Chan as he walked by him and over to Felix. Chan then walks over to Eunji.
"H-hey..." Chan says to her.

"Hi. I need to talk to you." Eunji says as she took his hand and pulled him out of the room. "So uh...what were you up to?" Eunji said nervously, trying to not be too awkward.

"I was just editing the instrumental for your song...I wanted to make sure it was perfect." he said as he looked away, blushing."

Eunji started playing with her fingers as she looked down. "O-oh..! Th-thanks...I really a-appreciate that..." she said nervously.

"Yea...just let me know when you're ready to record the vocals for the song." he said, turning to her and smiling softly. "Why did you come to see me?" he asked.

"O-ok! I w-will." she said as she quickly bowed. "And uh...I wanted to talk to you...about the conversation we had from the last time we spoke..." she said, shyly look up at Chan.

He nodded 'yes' as he put his hands in his pants pockets. "Go ahead..." he nervously looked at Eunji.

Eunji's heart started racing. She felt bad for what she was about to say to him. "W-well...I..." she struggled to speak, scared of hurting his feelings.

"I think we should just be friends..." she said, "Just for now at least! I'd rather build a bond with you guys instead of rushing into things." she continued, a little more confidently.

"I don't want us to lust after each other; I want to be sure that we love each other...genuinely, you know?" she said a bit sad. "I-is that...ok with y-you..?" she said quietly as she looked down again and pushed her hair out of her face.

Chan stayed silent for a minute but then smiled and hugged Eunji. "Of course that's ok." he said softly. "And even if it wasn't, it's not up to me to determine what you're comfortable with. I don't mind taking things slow with you...I don't mind being just friends with you forever. As long as you're happy, I'll be fine." he said as he held her in a tight embrace.

Eunji hugged him back and teared up a little. "Thank y-you Chan...." she said.

Chan backed away from her. "You can call me Christopher, or Chris, if you want." he said as he pulled her back into the room.

She smiled as they walked back in the room. 'He's so sweet...I'm glad he didn't take it too hard.' she thought.

Han turned to them enthusiastically. "Hey Chan! I was listening to the song that you put together...it's pretty good given that we don't normally make songs like this." he laughed. "This is Eunji's debut song?" he asked curiously.

"Yea, I'm planning on her releasing that as a single for her debut. I don't want her to be overwhelmed with a bunch of songs." Chan said.

"Can I hear it?" Eunji asked Chan happily. "And maybe we could start the recording since I'm already here?" she said.

Chan smiled and nodded 'yes'. "Oh definitely. Come and I'll show you the demo I made and everything." he said.

The song was like a combination of "Candy Pop" by TWICE and "Case 143" by Stray Kids. The Lyrics were cutesy but had somewhat of a sexual meaning.

"I love this! But uh...is it just me or are the lyrics a bit..." Eunji started.

"Yeaaaa...Minho and Hyunjin were responsible for the lyrics..." Chan said nervously. "We could always change it if you want."

Eunji thought for a second before shaking her head 'no'. "...I think...I wanna keep the lyrics." she said with a cute but mischievous grin on her face.

"Bold choice. I'd like to see what comes out of this!" Felix laughed.

Chan, Han, Felix, and Changbin all helped Eunji through the recording after Chan showed them the instrumental, lyrics, and demo of her song.

Everyone enjoyed spending time doing something they all enjoyed: making music.

This is the end of this chapter! I hope you enjoyed it! I welcome any and all feedback!
Stay tuned for Chapter 18 where Eunji begins a new, serious relationship with someone special to her...